Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identify these 2"X5" Tweeter Horns if you can...Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devnull
    replied
    Forgot to mention that if you want tweeters rebuilt you should give crites speakers a look. Does a lot of Klipsch and EV stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Starks
    replied
    Hello Gardner, My first ever response. I think what you have depicted in the picture "crossover" Is in fact only part of the whole system. If the parts are vintage Electro Voice than I think what we are looking at is mid range and treble pots. The crossovers would be separate and labeled like x-8 or x-36 for 800mhz or 3600mhz. All the luck in your endeavor!

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks i'll give them a try.

• Gardner
    commented on 's reply
    Yes those were my photo captions but I am unsure of what you mean? I am pretty thick when it comes to subtlety!

• Gardner
    commented on 's reply
    Those were my captions, but I am unsure of what you mean. I am pretty thick when it comes to subtlety!

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    The "don't know what these are" are caps though, right (maybe not YOUR notes on pics)?

Leave a comment:

• devnull
    replied
    Those might be a EV T35 variant. You could try contacting van l speakerworks.

Leave a comment:

• Identify these 2"X5" Tweeter Horns if you can...Please!

Hello everyone - my first post! I am trying to resurrect two large speakers purchased from Chicago Speaker Works (Werks?) in the 1980's. Hand made crossovers this crazy 2X5inch Tweeter horn 4X12 mid-range horn and two 12" bass drivers.Repaired the bass cones, found the best replacement horns i could afford( 1 had a blown coil and couldn't find a driver that would fit the other horn so bought 2 of the same spec mid horns), but the tweeter is impossible to find, repair or replace the driver because of the odd (unique?) horn. Please see pictures. Anybody out there have any ideas or point me in a direction for more research?
Working...
X