Ion 4 Plus and I ran out of veneer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion 4 Plus and I ran out of veneer...

just love the sound of Pete Schumacher's Ion 4 Plus for near field listening (on my computer desk).

started with some sapele veneer but then realized that I was a bit short for the last panel -- the front. So I used some leftover blue dyed veneer... and it looks much better than I would have figured.

Installed a lepai bluetooth plate amp which also has an input for a 3.5mm plug from the computer output. The control panel on the front makes it easy to swap inputs. And I swapped out the low budget speaker connectors from the lepai amp for some nicer looking posts.

Gotta give it to Pete on this one -- I can listen to it for hours. Combo of the Dayton RS100-4 and the Wavecor TW013WA01 tweeter crossed at 5kHz. And enough bass (reinforced by being on my desk) that I don't need a subwoofer for low level listening.

highly recommend!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bluetooth speakers copy.png
Views:	244
Size:	948.4 KB
ID:	1440261

Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ZFDeqav1Q

Comment

Beautiful job ceiol. I've been curious about these for awhile. Wonder how they stack up against the s2000?

Comment

I have made both the s2000 speakers and the ion 4 plus. They are different.

better bass w s2000. Better imaging and smoothness with the ion 4 plus. For nearfield use on a desk or for a computer, definitely the ion 4 plus. For music to fill a small room or to use for TV, the s2000 speakers

Comment

Working...
        X