Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you. The screwed on front and back grew on me over time. Seeing the various BBC speakers the Continuum is based on helped. And I really liked Tyger23's pair in 3 different wood species.

• Drummer
    replied
    Beautiful! I may be in the minority, along with you, but I love the screwed baffle/ rear, and the natural, more organic finish. Let the grain revel in it's patterned glory. These will possess a very elegant aesthetic when you're ready to pump the magic through them. I'm sitting here pondering what I would play for the first track, or album, and Joni Mitchell landed in my mind. Classy, tasteful elegance. Glenn.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	467.2 KB
ID:	1448700

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied
    Well done! Keep the updates coming.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    That's the worst of it.

Name:	IMG_0026.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	440.9 KB
ID:	1448539 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	966.9 KB
ID:	1448540

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. There's still ample opportunity to scrap those baffles. That countersink tool was really helpful.

• Wolf
    replied
    Nicely done!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

Name:	IMG_0024.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	1448460 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0025.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	964.7 KB
ID:	1448461

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    This is an adjustable countersink with changeable countersink bits. It's used in aircraft metal work. the cage adjusts up and down. The bit extends when you push it. Hopefully I'll get some uniform countersinks on my baffles. I've sort of stalled, worrying about making a mistake on the baffles.

Name:	IMG_0022.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	846.2 KB
ID:	1448393

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    The cherry baffles are unforgiving of drilling errors. I made 1/8" hardboard templates with poster board contact cemented on. I will lay out the holes on the template and proceed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.JPG Views:	0 Size:	425.2 KB ID:	1448375

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• ceiol
    replied
    Looking good buddy!!! Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    I used a little pump up garden sprayer. Chairs were on a plastic dropcloth. The sprayer kind of splatter sprayed and some did run off, but not that much. I wiped them down with a cotton diaper that was damp but not soaked at the conclusion. So, most of the oil did soak in.
    They are comfortable for their simple flat design. Norm Abrams has a design that pretty much requires a band saw for a curved back and seat. I don't have a band saw.

• andykriech
    replied
    Did it just soak it all in? You sprayed it, right? They look great, comfortable to sit in?
    Andy

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    So why, I asked myself, do they sell this stuff only in gallons, no quarts? Well, this job took about 3/4 of a gallon. Jeez.

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	478.8 KB
ID:	1447762

Leave a comment:

Working...
X