Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my favorite 2.1 subwoofer / satellite system yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birchmen
    replied
    Awesome work! They look phenomenal. Is it your own crossover or a published design?

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    commented on 's reply
    I do mostly low level listening, so that amplifier is fine.

• ceiol
    commented on 's reply
    it's about 0.4 cubic feet and the port is 1/2" tall by 7.5" wide, total port length of 17" or so. tuning is 37 Hz

the Cerberus has a 1.5" diameter port = area of 1.76 square inches

this slot port has an area of 3.75 sq inches = the area of a 2.2" diameter port

• andykriech
    replied
    Great looking set!
    Could i get the sub build specs? I have a couple of those subs and would like to build something similar.
    I built a RJB Cerberus, but it chuffs too easily, so looking for a build with better port configuration.

Thanks, Andy.

Leave a comment:

• whatabirdie
    replied
    Very nice set. Would you please mind sharing your crossover diagram and satellite enclosure dimensions. Thanks very much in advance.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Very attractive looking set up.
    I have the same amp, I really like it. What do you think of it as it applies to the 6.5" Tang Band sub?

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    commented on 's reply
    you could, but those mids have a 0.5 mm Xmax only. Ported modeling has them bottoming out quickly.
    sealed and stuffed looked much better on the models

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    They look nice.

• Jake
    replied
    Very nice build ceiol. I'd be curious about a ported version of those satellites.
    Last edited by Jake; 07-03-2020, 10:11 PM. Reason: On second thought xmax is only 0.5mm

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied
    They look great. You are on a roll with all the projects you've completed recently.

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    commented on 's reply
    for now, I'm using this:
    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ment--300-3831

• djg
    replied
    What did you end up powering the system with?

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    started a topic my favorite 2.1 subwoofer / satellite system yet!

my favorite 2.1 subwoofer / satellite system yet!

I've built many 2.1 subwoofer / satellite speaker systems over the past few years. It's decor friendly since the satellites are small and the subwoofer can be tucked away somewhere unobtrusive.

This system has satellites which consist of the Tang Band W3-1364SA bamboo cone drivers and the Peerless dual ring radiator tweeters XT25SC90-04 in sealed enclosures. Crossover is a 2nd order on the woofer and 3rd order on the tweeter.

The subwoofer is a slot port design by 123Toid Altoid using the Tang Band W6-1139 woofer. Enclosures are MDF with veneer and the baffles are 3/4" solid walnut. Finish is Arm-R-seal gloss

Click image for larger version

Name:	high end 2.1 speakers.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	1445367
Working...
X