Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Some HiVi "F" drivers would look pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
    The black and yellow contrast looks cool
    I really like a black/yellow combo. These will get my Dukk logo in black on the sides when I get around to airbrushing them on.

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Router table for rear board, ran against fence. Inset is done with a rabbet bit of same radius.
    Wolf
    That would be the smart way

Half of that is right - the enclosure is made of 3/4" MDF so I used a 1/2" rabbet bit to make the recess for the back panel. Then I cut the back panel 1/8" shorter and narrower than the opening, used a circle template to draw a 1/2" radius on all the corners, and used my stationary disc sander to round the corners manually, checking for a good fit. With the paint on it closed up the 1/16" gap a bit and makes it look like I know what I'm doing

Leave a comment:

• 3rutu5
    replied
    The black and yellow contrast looks cool

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Router table for rear board, ran against fence. Inset is done with a rabbet bit of same radius.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ceiol
    replied
    how did you construct the back panels to have such a perfect fit even with the rounded corners?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Burke
    replied
    Sweet !! Pretty cool presentation.
    I listen to my Lithium's all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I still have a 100 disc Pio-filer as well! Still works great too!

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    started a topic Lithium - My take on a Scott Sehlin Design

Lithium - My take on a Scott Sehlin Design

I mentioned this build in another thread and realized I never posted pictures. This was my first home speaker build in maybe 20 years, spending most of my past on custom car audio. I wanted a small desktop/bookshelf and somehow arrived at Scott Sehlin's Lithium.

The only major deviations from Scott's design is a rear mounted woofer and externally mounted crossovers. Crossover parts look cool (at least to me) so I prefer to display them when possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2856.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	1446323

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	1446324

Name:	IMG_2848.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	1446325

Name:	IMG_2852.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	1446326

And here is my current garage setup. An old 90s Pioneer 100 disc player, Yamaha HTR-5730, and a pair of Yamaha NS-BP300 - not exactly a "reference" speaker but a decent bookshelf for comparison duty (and the best bookshelf speakers I had lying around)

Name:	IMG_2843.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	594.9 KB
ID:	1446327
Working...
X