Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting a new Scanspeak WMTMW project.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
    Are you planning to full active or partial active. Interested in knowing about the rest of the chain and your thoughts on it too.
    Completely active. I'm not a fan of passive crossovers.

I run all audio from my computer tower (windows 10 64 bit) out of the spdif fiber optic output on my sound card in to the fiber optic input of the miniDSP and then out of the balanced analog outputs to the amplifiers.

When I finish building the new six channel amplifier with ICE modules, the signal sent to each channel will be single ended. These ICE amplifiers unfortunately do not have balanced inputs but this will be a very short run from the processor which will be mounted directly above it so it's unlikely that noise will be an issue.

I'll be using a rack mount Behringer NX3000D amplifier for the NSW subs which will more than likely get switched out to a Behringer iNuke NU12000.​ These rack mount amplifiers have balanced inputs, like most pro audio gear.

I think the larger MiniDSP processors are great. They do everything I need. Every type of input, every type of output. No complaints.

I think the ICE amplifiers are a good "cost vs performance and features" balance. I love that they have built in power supplies and from what I've seen of others using them, it doesn't appear that they need fans, even under heavy, long term use.

​​​​​​​The Behringer amplifiers in terms of dollars per watts just can't be beat if you need a ton of power at a cheap price. 2000 RMS is plenty for my home stereo but these will also get used in a PA so I'm looking for an NU12000DSP. Not the cleanest power ever but perfectly suitable for sub duty, even in a hifi system assuming you switch to quiet fans.
    Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.
    MiniDSP 4x10HD. ICE Power amplification and an iNuke 3000.

Sennheiser HD650's powered by TEAC amplification.

Comment

Would you be able to share the measured T/S and the 15cu ft box model you are considering for the subs?
      There are four recommended enclosures on the Eminence website for the NSW6021-6. Small, medium, and large vented enclosures each for a single NSW6021-6 and a large vented enclosure for a pair of NSW6021-6's. The large vented enclosures for singles look good. 15 cubic feet gross volume, with a response that starts to roll off right around 25 hertz. Playing in WinISD, this enclosure seems to be on the money. I can play with port tuning after I build them but I doubt I'll need to.
      Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.

Comment

NSW6021_6_cab (1).pdf
        Ok, here's the pdf.
        Attached Files

Comment

Would you be able to share the measured T/S
          Manufacturer measurements
          Fs 29 Hz
          Re 3.80 Ω
          Qts 0.31
          Le 1.38 mH
          Qms 15.35
          Qes 0.31
          Vas 7.93 cu.ft.
          Sensitivity*** 97.0 dB
          Vd 3448.2 cc
          Cms 0.06 mm/N
          BL 33.79 T-M
          Mms 508 grams
          EBP 94
          Xmax 21.00 mm
          Sd 1642.0 cm2
          Xlim 40.4 mm

Third party measurements
          Qts 0.296
          Qes 0.31
          Qms 6.598
          Fs 29.5 Hz
          Res 3.6 Ω
          Le 1.93 mH
          Vas 214.1 liters
          Mms 519.45 g
          Cms 56 μm/N
          BL 33.42 Tm
          BL2/Res 310 N2/Watt
          L/R Time Constant 0.536 miliseconds
          SplSens 94.4

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
            Yow!! Those look sweet, Ray!

Keep us posted, please?

:D
            Thanks Steve. Absolutely. By the way, how is your project coming along?

Comment

• Steve Lee
              Steve Lee commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine is on the back burner - life has changed all of the sudden and I have other things that need my attention for a while.
              Thanks for asking.

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

I know someone already made a similar comment on the speakers you had for sale in the classifieds, but your pictures are excellent.
            Thank you, sir.

Comment

Thanks Ray for the details!!!

I haven't tried the 4x10HD, but have the 2x4HD and do like it.

Comment

Originally posted by adamedge View Post
                Hi, I'm looking for sub woofer because sub woofer is designed to reproduce much lower frequencies that a woofer can’t.
                Sub woofer reproduce frequencies within the range of 20 Hz to 200 Hz.
                How to set up my home theatre? Room size is 10*10
                Not to mention that the Avatar pic is a shot of Adam Joseph, a TV meteorologist here in the tri-county area (NJ, Delaware, Pa) on Channel 6 ABC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	adam.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1448883
                *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Working...
                X