Padauk Boombox (miniature size)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padauk Boombox (miniature size)

scottsehlin 's helium design has been quite popular amongst the DIY audio crowd for a good reason. The ND91-4 woofer produces good bass with ported designs and the ND16FA-6 tweeter hits above its price point. I put together a set of heliums in this boombox and then upped the ports to 1" inside diameter and choose an Fb alignment that gave good bass and a bit of boom (after all, it's a boombox).

bought a bluetooth and the dayton 18650x3 battery board and put it all together with the crossovers. I really enjoyed finishing the beautiful Padauk wood and this time I waited a few weeks for the Arm-R-Seal to fully cure and harden! (learned my lesson on a previous project). The tough part of this build was working through the small 3" diameter woofer holes. The box is otherwise completely sealed up and I have big hands! I had to recruit a female with smaller hands to help with some of the steps of connecting components inside the enclosure.

Love the way this project looks and sounds. It will be a great gift for someone!

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 1.png Views:	0 Size:	937.8 KB ID:	1451048

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 2.png Views:	0 Size:	950.4 KB ID:	1451049

Click image for larger version  Name:	padauk boombox 3.png Views:	0 Size:	899.8 KB ID:	1451053
    Last edited by ceiol; 09-13-2020, 01:34 AM.

Looks cool, nice work.

Comment

The helium is my go to for small BT projects and I'm a sucker for padauk. Nice.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

It would be a great gift for me 😉, lol

Comment

Very well done!
          My Builds - Vigor (Nola Brio Knockoff) - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

Nice finish. Great work!

Comment

• ceiol
              ceiol commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you! took much longer than expected to get the finish done right

Beautiful, I love it!
            Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

• ceiol
              ceiol commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks -- it is among my favorites
          Working...
          X