Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    In bridged pair in a 2.1 nearfield setup above 80 HZ into 8 ohm Continuums, they sound pretty good. Tonight or tomorrow I'll set them up in the living room into the 4 ohm (or thereabouts) full range Zingers, bridged pair and single. Then we'll see.

• Steve Lee
    replied
    Nice!

How do they sound?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Beauty shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032 (1).JPG
Views:	333
Size:	430.8 KB
ID:	1462359 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0034 (1).JPG
Views:	328
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	1462360

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• PWR RYD
    replied
    Great looking amps djg! Unfortunately Tubedepot no longer sells the K12G tube amp kits.... I built one and did a few upgrades and it is a truly great amp to listen to if you only need 8 wpc. Tubedepot still has other tube amp kits available but I haven't read any great reviews about those. The K12G amp kit at $179 was a steal! Now if I could only get that amp back from my friend that borrowed it....

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    If I were to build a practical amp, it wouldn't be this one. The kit is really nice, well supported and documented. But it's very expensive for the results. If I wanted a nice looking wooden case project, I would look at the tube amp kits from Tube Depot. They are bare kits, I think they supply a board to put it on. You could make a really nice looking desktop item. If you don't have young children present you can leave the hot tubes exposed for viewing pleasure.

AEIOU built a very nice looking amp from one of these.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Excellent build guide for this amp and an update for the 1.8 version which changed the rear panel only. Oodles of much better quality photos than mine, even some videos.

https://guides.diyaudio.com/Guide/Am...+Build+Guide/5

https://guides.diyaudio.com/Guide/Am...ion/10?lang=en

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I love the smell of warm electronics in the morning...

They came out great, looks very tidy inside. Something for me to shoot for if I ever get off the bleachers.

I noticed the positive speaker terminals were connected to the power-in, I but I thought it was the negative side... I know nothing about amps.

Specifications:
    8 watts per channel from 20 Hz, to 59 Hz and 61 Hz to 20,000 Hz;
    2000 watts per channel at 60 Hz.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    So, in bridged use a pair of these have plenty of power for a 2.1 nearfield setup. They were crossed at 80hz and played through 8 ohm Continuums. I will set them up in the living room with the Zingers to explore full range use single and pair, later today maybe. I have a mess to clean up in my listening room from building these.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    They work.They get hot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0031 (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	498.9 KB ID:	1462274

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Setting bias amp #1.

Name:	IMG_0030 (1).JPG
Views:	272
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	1462269

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Inverting amp? Flip the output polarity! Boom, done.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    The genius of Nelson Pass. I'll have my own little Burning Amp Festival.

• silverD
    replied
    Looks like it's almost time for that first magic moment...sans smoke of course. The positive speaker terminals are tied to ground, interesting.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Wiring done.

Name:	IMG_0029 (1).JPG
Views:	300
Size:	509.2 KB
ID:	1462242

Leave a comment:

Working...
X