Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pair of Classix 2.5

Hi All

Just want to show pictures of my finished Classix 2.5's.
    Build with a circular saw, with a homemade sledge, a router and a jigsaw.

Sound is amazing!

Well done! I love builds from similarly under-tooled folks like myself
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Wow! With a shop full of tools I don't think I could have produced any better workmanship! The inside pic really shows the level of workmanship and attention to detail that is difficult without all the conveniences of a well equipped shop. My hat's off to you.
      If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
      ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Those look great!! I am for sure loving mine. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great work with simple setup!

How does the bottom port exit through the base?

Andy.

Comment

Thank you all for the positive comments!

Andy, I raised the speaker with 3 hollowed "plates", and placed spikes underneath. I opened up the back for more airflow.
              But! The floor is interacting with the port, so i needed to account for it in the portlength.

Comment

This is amazing especially for the limited tools you used such as myself. My first car Subwoofer box was made with a circular saw and straight edge.
                Break in period = The time it takes for the new speakers to break in. And the time it takes for you ears to get adjusted to the new speakers.

Comment

Great job! Sorry I missed this post earlier.
                  Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                  Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Thank you again for the design Paul. I've been searching for a speaker like this for many years. A FUN! speaker, that plays modern music without ripping your ears apart

Comment

Working...
                    X