More goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More goodies

A while ago i built a pair of Linkwitz LXminis out curiosity. I used the 2x4 Mini DSP. I saw the Nelson Pass DIYaudio kit for a crossover and thought I'd try it. Everything is here to start.

https://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_lx...0crossover.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002 (4).JPG
Views:	435
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1465895

Lotta holes.

Name:	IMG_0003 (4).JPG
Views:	417
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	1465896

I got the resistors and Wima caps on, but I really need a sharper tip to get the proper heat transfer to the pads on the PCB. My general purpose tip is too dull to touch both the lead and the pad. I don't want to muck up the 16 jfets. Tuesday I will resume with new tip.

Comment

It warmed up today.

Name:	IMG_0004 (4).JPG
Views:	364
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	1466074

Comment

Neat!

Building these then: https://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_lx...0crossover.pdf

Looks like you'll miss that DSP correction above 10kHz, but otherwise should be an interesting comparison between digital and analog worlds.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

• djg
          djg commented
          Editing a comment
          The output of the Mini DSP was disappointing, hoping for more with this crossover. If you're familiar with the LXminis, Mr. Linkwitz designed two very expensive open baffle Seas subs, along with using a bigger Mini DSP. I opted for one 250DSP 8" Dayton sub. To match the level of the LXminis through the Mini DSP, I had to turn it way way down.

I tried reading the DIYaudio thread on this crossover, started by Nelson Pass. I got about halfway. Very different atmosphere there than here. Mr. Linkwitz thought the Pass crossover was fine and gave his blessing.

It works. Louder than the MiniDSP. Through the Vacuum Tube Audio SP-8, very loud. I will mess with the sub XO point later.

Name:	IMG_0006 (3).JPG
Views:	326
Size:	479.7 KB
ID:	1466275 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007 (2).JPG
Views:	319
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	1466276

Comment

Nice work djg! Those are 2 stout pieces of equipment. The kit looks good, but you're missing KITT.
          My Builds - Vigor (Nola Brio Knockoff) - Overnight Sensations w/ Voxel - Speedsters in surplus boxes - Zaph B3N's in bamboo - Classix II in BR-1 cabinets - Dual TPA3116 D2 amp in an old music box - Mariposas

Comment

• djg
            djg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I'll try to do better.
        Working...
        X