No announcement yet.

Carmody Tarkus 3-Way in a one-piece curved cabinet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are beautifully constructed. Well done. are the SketchUp files for these anything you'd consider sharing?

Comment

Love the maple redo, very nice!

Javad
      --
      Javad Shadzi
      Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

PM sent.

I forgot something that's probably better out in the forum anyway for future readers, if they are interested:
        In hindsight, would you do anything different? Would you double the baffle thickness? I know you had some extra work with drilling the dowels all the way through, but besides that are you happy with the dowel bracing system you used?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cowtown View Post
          Re: Carmody Tarkus 3-Way in a one-piece curved cabinet

Exterior depth is 14.5", 13.0" internal using 3/4" MDF. I can probably upload the SketchUp file if you want the exact dimensions for everything.

I'm liking these speakers more every day. They are just fantastic for big home theater movies like Tron and Star Trek, paired with an IB setup for 10-40Hz. Also pretty good for music, no sub needed.

Thanks for all the positive comments, I really appreciate them. :D
          I'd love the sketchup file if you still have it available, I'd really like to build a pair like these.

Comment

Working...
          X