Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

IIRC they measured +/- 3db of the originals, and +3db 1 octave below x-over frequency (100hz typical, but dependant on the venue) over the originals... they were HP'd at 40hz.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BElstro; 01-28-2012, 03:11 AM. Reason: fat fingers!

Re: Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

here is a good and accurate set of dimensioned drawings for the FH-1. Best regards Moray James.

PS: from discussions with those who have both used the FH-1 and built the FH-1 copy shown here I am told that the Klipsch K33E is a much better suited woofer providing more bass extension and smoother response than the original Peavey Black Widow driver. I hope that this is of interest to readers here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moray james; 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-1_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1413805
      Originally posted by moray james View Post
      Re: Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

here is a good and accurate set of dimensioned drawings for the FH-1. Best regards Moray James.

PS: from discussions with those who have both used the FH-1 and built the FH-1 copy shown here I am told that the Klipsch K33E is a much better suited woofer providing more bass extension and smoother response than the original Peavey Black Widow driver. I hope that this is of interest to readers here.

Moray,

I'm planning on building a pair of FH-1's and have been trying to figure out some of the measurements on the sketch above. I have read a few of your post on other sites about these and they seem like they would fit perfectly with what I'm wanting to do.
      I realize that it has been quite some time since your dealings with them but was hoping you could shed some light.I may just be looking at this wrong but I can't find a place where the measurements correlate to one another or what they may be measuring.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
      SS

Comment

Working...
      X