Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

IIRC they measured +/- 3db of the originals, and +3db 1 octave below x-over frequency (100hz typical, but dependant on the venue) over the originals... they were HP'd at 40hz.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BElstro; 01-28-2012, 03:11 AM. Reason: fat fingers!

Re: Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

here is a good and accurate set of dimensioned drawings for the FH-1. Best regards Moray James.

PS: from discussions with those who have both used the FH-1 and built the FH-1 copy shown here I am told that the Klipsch K33E is a much better suited woofer providing more bass extension and smoother response than the original Peavey Black Widow driver. I hope that this is of interest to readers here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moray james; 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FH-1_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1413805
      Originally posted by moray james View Post
      Re: Modified Peavey FH-1 Clones

here is a good and accurate set of dimensioned drawings for the FH-1. Best regards Moray James.

PS: from discussions with those who have both used the FH-1 and built the FH-1 copy shown here I am told that the Klipsch K33E is a much better suited woofer providing more bass extension and smoother response than the original Peavey Black Widow driver. I hope that this is of interest to readers here.

Moray,

I'm planning on building a pair of FH-1's and have been trying to figure out some of the measurements on the sketch above. I have read a few of your post on other sites about these and they seem like they would fit perfectly with what I'm wanting to do.
      I realize that it has been quite some time since your dealings with them but was hoping you could shed some light.I may just be looking at this wrong but I can't find a place where the measurements correlate to one another or what they may be measuring.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
      SS

Comment

Working...
      X