The Nichikuros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Nichikuros

You're too hard on yourself... these are pretty cool.

Keep it up... what's next?
    ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
    Sapphos
    Cables (Post #54)
    Other speakers (Post #21)
    Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
    Boundary Augmentation
    Dispersion/Interference

Comment

SoCal is a pretty easy drive from here, what city are you in? I grew up in Covina, LA area is my old stomping grounds. I'd make a trip out there to see and hear and show some stuff.

Mark
      You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by jsr View Post
        Haha, that means the baffles are even worse than I thought because I actually already used a black sharpy over all the areas I screwed up.
        One word - Bondo . Use that to fill in the gaps, sand smooth, then touch up with gloss black spray paint. Mask off the rest of the baffle to ensure you don't end up sanding or spraying where you don't need to. Or, if you're feeling brave, apply bondo, sand bondo AND baffle, then paint the entire thing.

I am a horrible carpenter / joiner. Bondo and woodfiller are permanent parts of my toolkit .
        Brian Steele
        www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

I'll take a closer front on view of the tweeter cutout. You'll see how bad the cutout is for the recess.

Mark,
          I'm in San Gabriel Valley, near El Monte, so very close to Covina. I'd appreciate more experienced ears and listening to anything you'd like to bring and share.

Brian,
          I do have some wood filler I bought for my floors that I can probably use. I don't paint well enough to just do a part of it. If I redo it, I'll repaint the whole baffle so it looks uniformly bad. Ha.
          Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
          Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
          Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
          Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
          Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

Hmmm, near El Monte, close to Covina.....Baldwin Park?

Dammit, remembering SoCal makes me want In-N-Out......

Mark
            You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

I'm not very far from Baldwin Park. Yeah, In-n-Out's "university" is out in BP. No In-n-Out in Az? I love In-n-Out (as I'm sure my gut and cholesterol indicates).
              Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)

Comment

I worked at UPS Baldwin Park..................34 yrs

upsman

Comment

I went to that UPS center until a couple of years ago when they opened a UPS store closer by. I probably saw you there before and didn't know it!

Comment

Working...
                  X