Latest HT rear speaker project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest HT rear speaker project

Started these October 4th for my friends man cave rear surround speakers. Total height with stand is 41.5". Walnut veener over mdf with solid walnut edge, top and base trim. Will probably use a 6.5" woofer and horn tweeter. I built the base tall so I can screw in a heavy base from some metal speakers stands to give it some stability. More later.

Re: Latest HT rear speaker project

That walnut looks great dude. I've used it on some projects too. The deep, dark color is sweet. Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks!
    ~Marty

Baby Eidolons
    Sapphos
    Cables (Post #54)
    Other speakers (Post #21)
    Design Thoughts (Posts: 6,10,13,33,35)
    Boundary Augmentation
    Dispersion/Interference

Comment

Thanks Reiss. Got all the cutting and construction done. 5 coats of wipe on poly. Ready for speaker install . I'm going to mount some metal speaker stand weights under the riser stand to make it bottom heavy. Should have rear surround soon.

Comment

These are turning out perfect with great color and attention to detail! For your corners did you glue them on then flush trim then roundover?

Comment

Wow, those are beautiful. If those are the surrounds, what do the LCR look like?
          That figuring on the front left base looks fantastic, too.
          ak

Comment

Thanks Andy. I'm piecing together some odds and ends speakers for my buddy's man cave. I'm "loaning" him the stuff (probably permanently). The LR are remodded walnut Norman Lab speakers with a new 10" Sammi woofer (PE buyout) and a 7 x 10" KLipsch tractrix horn. I'm going to build a walnut cc using two 5" klipsch woofers with a small horn. I'm loaning him a small 8" klipsch sub I built into a mahogany drawer cabinet. My buddy's wife has okay the NL speakers as being appropriate.

Yeah I like that striped wood on the front base as well. Got some of that out of the $1.50BF bin at the local wood store.

Comment

Here's a pic of the NL left and right speakers.

Comment

Working...
              X