No announcement yet.

Lithium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to put a parts order together and it looks like PE no longer has the 15-ohm resistor. 004-15. Is there an alternative that will work?

Comment

Originally posted by jmw0403 View Post
      I'm trying to put a parts order together and it looks like PE no longer has the 15-ohm resistor. 004-15. Is there an alternative that will work?
      You could use the 15 ohm mills, part 005-15. It's a bit more money though. You could also use two 7.5 ohm daytons in series or two 30 ohm daytons in parallel.

Comment

Try 016-15.

Comment

Thanks Chris. 016-15 is the way I would go.
          Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

Big bump! I messaged Scott but figured someone else could help me too. Might be good informarion for more newbies...

I'm currently in the process of converting an old Telefunken radio (https://www.radiomuseum.org/images/r...rt_1638957.jpg) in a modern age Bluetooth speaker using a Dayton KAB250 amp and a pair of Lithiums. :-)

I'm a BIG novice when it comes to soldering... I'm not that technical either. So I sketched out my crossover and I was hoping someone could check if it's correct. The small black 'blocks' are single wire terminals, if that's what you call them; https://www.letsleds.nl/wp-content/u...el-500x500.jpg

That way I have less soldering to do, and I can disconnect the amp and speaker wires easily.

I'm hoping someone can give me the green light on this, as it's occupying the dinner table and the missus is not happy about that. :-D

I might make a build thread if there's some interest.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Cheers,
            Jasper

Comment

Your drawing looks good to me.

Comment

I agree with Chris. Your diagram looks correct.
                Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by prxprx View Post

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Cheers,
                  Jasper
                  Zo Jasper, spreek jij Hollands?
                  Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Dat klopt als een bus. ;) Grappig, wist niet dat hier meer Nederlanders waren.
                    And thanks guys, I'll start a build thread tomorrow.
                    Last edited by prxprx; 11-11-2018, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Wow, just did some first time listening and I can only conclude that this is the best design that I've build! I absolutely LOVE the 'voicing' of the Lithium. The BSC really helps I guess because it really is a fun sound. I think it's amazing to have such a full bodied sound coming from such a small box. They can play quite loud too!

i'm actually starting to look for something like this for my main project, an active DSP controlled 2-way.

is there any other driver that performs this well in such a small cabinet, but that offers a slightly more refined performance in the lower end of the tonal spectrum?

it would be a bit extreme to use 700+ dollars and 600watts of power for a set of Lithiums... I guess ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X