No announcement yet.

Galactica IIs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting and watching for the finished pics! This is an epic build.
    Andy.

Comment

OK. I'm back on them now.

Comment

I'm frustrated with this site now. I tried to post some progress pictures but this site won't let me. It says that the pictures are too big. About 4 times the limit on this site. I have a new Leica digital. It takes incredibly awesome pictures but I guess I can't use it for this site.

​Anyway, I have installed more supports in the lower bass cabinet to better support the massive front baffles and also to reinforce the side panels. Next I will be acquiring more wiring and the crossovers will be installed.

Comment

Not the site's fault. Your camera's maximum file size is meant for (really)big enlargements. If your camera's software alows you can export a smaller file than you have recorded, ohterwise since you don,t want to unbuild the speakers, you'll have to resize copies in your computer. In future, take medium or low res for uploads.

Comment

On Windows - just put it into "paint" and resize

Comment

I just looked up the drivers the original design Galacticas used- a bunch of expensive french woofers that you can't find in the US at all! And the 15" woofer is italian as well. Good luck!
              Last edited by djkest; 05-22-2017, 11:04 PM. Reason: re-read first post
              -Dan
              Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

I went over the drivers and the crossover and cabinet designs way earlier in this post. I was not trying to duplicate the original Galacticas at all I was just inspired by the look of them. and I'm not even doing that really.

Comment

Working...
                X