Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mini tri amped, active crossovered, multi driver silly project....looking for ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini tri amped, active crossovered, multi driver silly project....looking for ideas

i'm working on a desktop franken-silly set up... still designing and acquiring parts... but getting really close to hands on...

keep in mind... im cheap, broke and silly and don't have wood working tool right now...well roto-tool and hole saws

ok.. ill start from signal source...

I got some quad op amp chips..lm324.... and using 5% tolerance caps and resistors was going to set up 6db cut off points... no potentiometers but I did get the audio analyzer mic and software so ill try to keep it flat...

then I am going to take it through 3 lepai 20w class-t's....

the low frequencies are going to 4 x 289-127... a tiny 2" paper cone... in a sealed enclosure with 900-W3-1335A as a passive radiator...

the bandpass is going into 2 x 299-965 another 2"... in a sealed enclosure

the high freq to 279-060, a 1/2" mylar dome...

I wanna set up the drivers like a mini-pa system... silly aesthetics

o tweeter
    o o mid
    o o low
    o o low
    O pr

I know it wont be awesome or anything but any suggestions?

i'm thinking a multi chamber sealed cabinet out of 3/4" oak or maple... like a 1x6 for front, back, top, bottom and dividers and a 1x8 for sides...maybe a 1x10....

Re: mini tri amped, active crossovered, multi driver silly project....looking for ide

the ideas im looking for are.. box sizes? filling? experience building opamp active crossovers?... driver orientation

Comment

Re: mini tri amped, active crossovered, multi driver silly project....looking for ide

You'll get more responses in the TechTalk forum. This is the Gallery, meant for finished pictures and completed projects.
      Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

parts came in... used speakers laying around... waiting for more mini drivers... but at least I can get some testing done with the drivers and amps
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X