Trym MLTL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trym MLTL

This build is a treat to myself to help celebrate the purchase of a new home....a single family detached home, meaning no more common walls with neighbors who don't appreciate loud music and nice tight low bass. LOL. It will be my new reference and "jam out" speakers.

Anyway, with the help of Paul K., who expertly modeled the TL portion of the system this is a floor-standing 2-way MLTL with Seas W22EX001 woofers and Seas T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. It is based on the Seas Trym bookshelf kit.

BTW- these are not quite done yet, but they won't be touched until mid-summer, when I plan to spiffy up the finish and do a bit of crossover tweaking. I may add some progress to the build thread at that time, but this will remain as-is in the project gallery.

Build Thread is HERE

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Re: Trym MLTL

WOW,,,really nice! Love the texture on the baffles...and congrats on your new home!....ROCK ON!

Comment

Yeah I think that Duratex is sexy, I'm buying a couple of the sample kits to re-finish my deadhorses

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
      return to the source
      leviathan system thread
      deadhorse thread
      shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Wicked super dooper nice. Digging the minimalist design, makes it classier!!!

I know you are lightyears ahead of me in home ownership, but welcome to the land of a private home. Congrats. I'll come help you move with my pickup truck but it will take me a week to get there and about $1400 in fuel!!

Comment

Congrats!! Nothing like owning your own home.....both good and bad. :p Beautiful speakers as well. I think it is time for me to do some higher end builds.....
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Bryan, what is the cabinet finished in? I know the baffle is duratex, but what about the rest?
            Looks great and I assume it sounds better.
            Andy

Comment

Thanks guys. We have owned before, but we've always had the typical city arrangement that shared common walls with neighbors. After almost 24 years of marriage I think it's about time to be in our own space so I can crank the bass. Hey that rhymes.

The finish is cherry veneer, stained three times with red mahogany, black cherry and then red mahogany again. Then it is topped off with spar varnish. Everything is oil-based.

There's only one seal coat, so my summer plans are to sand and apply a few more coats of spar varnish. That will have to wait till mid-late summer after we move though.
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Nice job B! You'll have many years of enjoyment from those speakers. Maybe if you make it down to the KY gathering you can bring them with you. Also congrats on home ownership.
                A mains
                The Ventures
                Open Invit8tions
                RSR
                Sound Troopers
                Acorns
                DGBG's
                The Monuments

Comment

Beautiful work. Love the look of those drivers, and the box really complements them.

Time for some subs!

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                  "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                  SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                  My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Congrats on the new home and the new build. Yup there's nothing like being able to crank it when you want, but sometimes the neighbors will still complain. But let'em an have a good time.

Comment

Working...
                    X