Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Galeons - SB13 MTM

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    Don, another nice build. Are coming to Iron Driver if the SB wins?
    I'd love to come to Iron Driver and meet all the guys, but I can't justify the time or expense.
    With any luck, I'll be able to attend any Atlanta DIY meets after missing them for a few years.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
    "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
    SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
    My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Here you go Don, these are some pictures of my Galeon build. I just wanted to say thanks again for posting your design. I absolutely love these things. Great bottom end, buttery smooth mids and nice airy highs. I couldn't be happier. A couple quick details I guess. This build took a couple months, working on them when I had the time. Birch ply translam without a CNC (lots of time with the jig saw and just as much at the router table). The front, rear and top are solid 7/8" sapele that I used an aniline dye on to get the walnutish color. They were then sealed inside and out with 2 coats of shellac and sprayed with about 10 or so coats of lacquer. I've had these things playing for a few days now and all I can say is if someone is thinking about making their own set of Galeons, they are awesome, Don did a great job and was very helpful with answering questions. Thank you again good sir. I will be enjoying these for years to come!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	825.6 KB
ID:	1371280 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72688.jpg
Size:	963.3 KB
ID:	1371279 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72684.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1371277 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_72689.jpg
Size:	881.9 KB
ID:	1371278

Comment

Stunning craftsmanship. My hat off to you!
        Don't worry, if your parachute fails, you have the rest of your life to fix it.

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Unclemo - man, I wish I had one tenth of your ability with wood. Totally awesome!

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Honestly it was mostly about patience, but thank you.

Comment

Unclemo, those cabinets are stunningly beautiful! And without a CNC, yikes! I think that some of the sawdust blew up north.

Comment

Unclemo those are works of art. That sapele wood is a work of art itself.
                Beautifully executed and finished.
                Andy.

Comment

Thank you Andy.

Comment

Working...
                  X