AviaTrix TL Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AviaTrix TL Build

It's been a while since I've delved into speaker building but I've had the itch to beef up my mains for some time now. Currently I have the sealed Tritrix built a few years ago. I selected the AviaTrix design by Curt C and Wayne. I've built several of their designs in the past and was very pleased. Hopefully, I'll be ordering the parts kit for the "Avias" this week. This is my progress so far:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by merlin100129; 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM.

Re: AviaTrix TL Build

looking good, is that the kitchen table I see you working at? Bravo, Bravo :D
    If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
    What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
    It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Thanks Tom. Yes it's the kitchen table, .

Comment

Looking forward to seeing these come together and your listening impressions. My Aviatrix parts are eagerly awaiting cabinets at the moment. Gluing up in the kitchen is impressive indeed!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0433.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	945.5 KB
ID:	1150553Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0431.JPG
Size:	939.4 KB
ID:	1150554Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0427.JPG
Size:	943.6 KB
ID:	1150555Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0426.JPG
Size:	916.8 KB
ID:	1150556Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0421.JPG
Size:	934.3 KB
ID:	1150557

Comment

These babies are almost done, pics soon to follow. I ordered the 3" precision port from PE 268-350. According to Curts drawings, the port should be 6" in length. With this port kit the 2 flares ends put together adds up to 6" inches, meaning I don't need the tube at all. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by merlin100129 View Post
              These babies are almost done, pics soon to follow. I ordered the 3" precision port from PE 268-350. According to Curts drawings, the port should be 6" in length. With this port kit the 2 flares ends put together adds up to 6" inches, meaning I don't need the tube at all. Can anyone confirm this?
              You are correct, it is almost 6" long with just the ports/flares. I used the same exact configuration in my current build.
              My RSS390HO 15" sub build

Comment

Great work! I dig the jig.
                Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Working...
                X