• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COUGAR II - Boom Box

COUGAR II

Build Thread HERE

Head unit - Pioneer DEH-P8400BH.

AMP - Precision Power PPI P900.4.

MTMs - Seas Prestige L15RLY/P + Tang Band 25-302SH.

Subwoofer - JBL GTO804.

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

You do some amazing work, Bryan! Did you do the xover yourself? How long do you figure the battery would last with what might be considered normal use?
    Mike
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

Thanks Mike. Yes, everything is documented in the build thread. With that 35AH battery you can run this rig all day at moderate/loud volume. The key is using class-D amps. You'd not get anywhere close to that run time with A/B amps.
      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Nice work, man. I followed your build thread, and I appreciate your attention to detail. Really, Bryan, well done. Dis is a boom dats da bomb.

Comment

very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?

Comment

Originally posted by VegaMan View Post
            very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?
            I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.
            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

That thing is just sick, dude! Tailgate heaven!

Mark
              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

I might have to build one of these

Comment

Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                    I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.
                    i like your style.

Comment

Originally posted by sanjay_frank View Post
                      Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?
                      Yes. This one - it's awesome.
                      Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Working...
                      X