Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COUGAR II - Boom Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COUGAR II - Boom Box

    COUGAR II

    Build Thread HERE

    Head unit - Pioneer DEH-P8400BH.

    AMP - Precision Power PPI P900.4.

    MTMs - Seas Prestige L15RLY/P + Tang Band 25-302SH.

    Subwoofer - JBL GTO804.

















    Bryan K.

    Midwest Audio Club

    Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

  • #2
    Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

    You do some amazing work, Bryan! Did you do the xover yourself? How long do you figure the battery would last with what might be considered normal use?
    Mike
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

      Thanks Mike. Yes, everything is documented in the build thread. With that 35AH battery you can run this rig all day at moderate/loud volume. The key is using class-D amps. You'd not get anywhere close to that run time with A/B amps.
      Bryan K.

      Midwest Audio Club

      Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

        Nice work, man. I followed your build thread, and I appreciate your attention to detail. Really, Bryan, well done. Dis is a boom dats da bomb.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

          very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

            Originally posted by VegaMan View Post
            very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?
            I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

            The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.
            Bryan K.

            Midwest Audio Club

            Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

              That thing is just sick, dude! Tailgate heaven!


              Mark
              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

              ~Pink Floyd

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

                I might have to build one of these

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

                  Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

                    Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                    I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

                    The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.
                    i like your style.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

                      Originally posted by sanjay_frank View Post
                      Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?
                      Yes. This one - it's awesome.
                      Bryan K.

                      Midwest Audio Club

                      Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X