• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkeane1259
    replied
    Re: COUGAR II - Boom Box

Originally posted by sanjay_frank View Post
    Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?
    Yes. This one - it's awesome.

Leave a comment:

• VegaMan
    replied

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
    I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.
    i like your style.

Leave a comment:

• sanjay_frank
    replied

Are you using a trickle charger to keep battery powered after bumping all day?

Leave a comment:

• nyt
    replied

I might have to build one of these

Leave a comment:

• Mark65
    replied

That thing is just sick, dude! Tailgate heaven!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by VegaMan View Post
    very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?
    I really like that amp as well -- very flexible and quite powerful. I'd like to try one in a car at some point.

The PE preformed grill is very rugged. This is the second time I've used one and they are both mounted the same way -- sandwiched in between the wood frame and screwed down at four points with 1" rubber feet cushions. There is zero rattling, noise, etc, but lots of protection of the drivers.

Leave a comment:

• VegaMan
    replied

very nice. haven't seen anyone use a PPI amp in a while, always loved their stuff. does the metal grill get to making any noticeable noise when that sub gets to moving?

Leave a comment:

• dstmbgh
    replied

Nice work, man. I followed your build thread, and I appreciate your attention to detail. Really, Bryan, well done. Dis is a boom dats da bomb.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Thanks Mike. Yes, everything is documented in the build thread. With that 35AH battery you can run this rig all day at moderate/loud volume. The key is using class-D amps. You'd not get anywhere close to that run time with A/B amps.

Leave a comment:

• mikejennens
    replied

You do some amazing work, Bryan! Did you do the xover yourself? How long do you figure the battery would last with what might be considered normal use?
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    started a topic COUGAR II - Boom Box

COUGAR II - Boom Box

COUGAR II

Build Thread HERE

Head unit - Pioneer DEH-P8400BH.

AMP - Precision Power PPI P900.4.

MTMs - Seas Prestige L15RLY/P + Tang Band 25-302SH.

Subwoofer - JBL GTO804.

Working...
X