Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aperivox, 2014 MWAF

Originally posted by fdieck View Post
    I am a little curious if you had considered a notch filter at 1KHz and expanding bandwidth of RS 150 operating dipole to maybe 350 to 2.5 or 3KHz. The tweeter cross over looks like it took at lot of finesse to get right.
    Fred notching the mid to extend it is problematic. It's going to add a level of complication and parts that, IMO are not worth it. The tweeter is a result of where the slopes end up on the the mid. I'm looking to cross the tweeter near the first dipole null, as working outside that range gets messy with the wrap around response.
    John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Going back and looking at response of the RS150 without the crossover I think you made the logical choice. It would be nice to get the greatest range of dipole response possible but the drivers response will point out where they want to be crossed. It is a beautiful design and I was just throwing a what if out there.

Comment

Fred, agreed that a big range is good, I really like the full range in my Indy NG design. You can easily hear the OB difference. The bass tuning on that design is a little weak.
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

I have been wanting to build the Aperivox for a few years now and was disappointed to see that the RS28A-4 is discontinued. Any recommendations for a replacement tweeter? I am currently looking at the Dayton Audio AMTPRO-4 Air Motion Transformer and the Tymphany XT25BG60-04.

Comment

The XT is a viable option as is the dg25 aluminum. The 2-4 needs to cross at about 3k minimum, and steep. Either way, it will require a rework of the crossover.
            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

The first dipole null is at 1,600 Hz for the RS150 so we need a tweeter that is comfortable at an x-o point close to that. The SEAS Prestige 27TBFC/G (H1212) would be my choice for a replacement, but it looks like the RS28A replacement is close to production (in a few months). If you can wait there will be a better replacement.

The new tweeter will require a few crossover changes, but that will not take long after I can get the tweeter.
              John H

Comment

Any update on if the new Dayton tweeter will work in this? It may be a project that I’m interested in.

thanks

Comment

That's a good question. I have not bought a pair of the new RST drivers, this might be a good excuse. I'll add this to my list of projects.
                  John H

Comment

Working...
                  X