All GRS small 3-way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All GRS small 3-way

Much better picture. Better camera angle too!

Bill
    Plumber's Delight: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...notech-winners
    Linehopper: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Esoteric-build
    Plan-Tanic: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ght=Plan-Tanic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
      Looks pretty cool. Seeing that this for "pro" audio use, did you consider using SpeakON connectors instead? I used them for my DIY pro build I don't think I'll use anything else at this point - they're that good.
      Never even entered my mind, actually. They are on my list of things to switch to, but now that I have finally found spades that are worth a poot, I may stick with old fashioned 5-way binders.

In this particular case, though, it was a cost/inventory reduction decision to go with the terminal cups.
      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
        In this particular case, though, it was a cost/inventory reduction decision to go with the terminal cups.
        Never liked terminal cups because you can't get your fingers in there to tighten the wire nuts down. But since I've come around to more sensible ways of thinking and started using cheap banana plugs I guess terminal cups would be fine. They're still not the prettiest. Having said that I think I'll give the Speakon guys a shot, they do seem nice.

Comment

Speakon FTW. They are awesome. Just started using them. Only thing is they definitely aren't as aesthetically pleasing as other options.
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

i have a handful of speakons I bought for my deadhorse speakers that never got used.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
              Speakon FTW. They are awesome. Just started using them. Only thing is they definitely aren't as aesthetically pleasing as other options.
              Yeah, they're not designed to be aesthetically pleasing, LOL. But if the speakers in question are going to be moved about much, and that movement involves disconnection and reconnection by you or anyone else, Speakons are the best solution by far. Connections are done in seconds (a simple push and twist), with no chance of shorting the cable or connecting the speakers in reverse polarity. Even better if the speaker in question is being biamped.
              Brian Steele
              www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Just an FYI, I also have an all GRS 2-way coming.

Comment

ok, I know you say you aren't reviewing your own stuff anymore, but can you compare the sound of this three-way to the sound of say... the original cabrini, just for reference? I am still looking at a build with the 8" poly and this looks like a great project.

either way, good job! looking forward to the up and coming two-way also

Comment

Originally posted by arrayed View Post
                    ok, I know you say you aren't reviewing your own stuff anymore, but can you compare the sound of this three-way to the sound of say... the original cabrini, just for reference? I am still looking at a build with the 8" poly and this looks like a great project.

either way, good job! looking forward to the up and coming two-way also
                    Better up top due to the use of a better tweeter and dedicated midrange. The 8" is somewhat less satisfying than the 6.5", which I am currently working with. The 3-way would excel in a tower setting, however.

Comment

Hmm dual 8s in a tower and I already have the 8s and mid
                      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

thanks, that is very helpful. I am guessing a sealed tower, 1 cu ft would do it.

Comment

JR,

Did you measure, have FR / Impedance graphs for the mid? There's a thread where that would helpful ...

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...g-old-speakers

Comment

Nice job! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hey JR I just ordered the parts to build these. Need something to do while it's cold out. Looking forward to listening to these. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Wow, blast from the past here - these speakers are still going strong in a rehearsal basement, actually. Once in awhile I get to go listen to them, and I still like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X