X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kompressed
    replied
    Re: Cabrini Redux

So how do these compare to the original cabrini? I was looking to throw something together as surrounds, and it looks like this might fit the bill.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by arlis_1957@yahoo.com View Post
    Really?
    Nah, just teasing a bit ;)

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Really?

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

They're hiding in my bushes, johnny, I can see they're creepy little tweeters staring into my window...

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Nope. But I'm hoping :D

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Anyone know where these are right now?

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
    A little personal experience?
    Who me? Nooooooo... :p

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

A little personal experience?

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Just thought I would give an update for anyone wishing to build these using all PE parts. The buyout coil (269-303) will work with a quick un-wind procedure. These are not glued coils, so when removing the tape - keep your fingers wrapped around everything or it will go BOING all over your desk and cause a few cursewords to happen. Have some tape handy to wrap it right away, as well. You can't say you haven't been warned ;)

I measured two of them at 2.37mH, and removed 43" from both to get to 2.2mH, at 0.86ohm DCR. These will work very well for this speaker.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Seriously. If you want to play Lorde, Royals, you'll need a sub. If you want to listen to music, these are pretty nice. They are afterall sealed speakers. They do vocals really well. Johns integration between drivers is really well done. I Recently bought 'Linda Ronstadt Duets' and the first few songs have strings, ya know, cello, violin, and they sound really nice with her deep voice as well as her partner.
    I don't remember what tweeter that is, but I think I like it.
    I will get these to Chuck this week.
    Thanks John.

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied

I have all the parts and hope to be able to build a tower soon. JR gave me a few pointers on the tower design and looks to be a very nice build.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Thank you for the kind words, Nick - the slight bloat on the bottom end was probably due to the 1.0 Q design emphasizing the 70-90Hz region.

Leave a comment:

• nicholas_23
    replied

I have nothing bad to say about this build . Listened to music and a movie on these with a sub in stereo mode and thought these sounded great! I noticed when listening to some 70's rock that , in some tracks the low end was a little more pronounced ( sub disconnected ) Im guessing this is due to the production/mixing of the content? Everything sounded neutral to my ears and nothing stood out or killed my ears for the couple days I had these in my grubby mitts. I think I read a post where someone might build a tower version , this could be another neat build too and think they would be worthy of a try. All in all , hell yeah we enjoyed these very much . Curious what others think. As always , nice clean build Johnny ! Kudos and thank you for the offer to listen to these in house.

I was listening to these off axis at home, but listened to them at JR's place, mostly on axis and both locations were pleasing to our ears
    Last edited by nicholas_23; 11-25-2014, 07:49 PM. Reason: Side note : I have not had a chance to hear the original design for comparison

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

We will get it figured out Lowell.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

I wont get a chance to listen to them until Thursday. Maybe next week will get me near Laporte. I will let Chuck know if so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X