Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First DIY Build - SB15NRX30-8 & SB26STCN-4 (pic heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First DIY Build - SB15NRX30-8 & SB26STCN-4 (pic heavy)

*****REVISED 8/28/2015***** after receiving some good input from judges and attendees at this year's MWAF. I was told they didn't have enough mid-bass punch and too much lower bass (muddy?). So I went back to the drawing board and revised the XO focusing on increasing the BSC (went from 3db to a 4.5db average in the 300-500 region) and reworked the XO to get the flattest response while keeping the XO count within reason. I still have a 2nd order on the woofer and 3rd on the tweeter. The updated XO resulted is a much better overall tone and smooth sound and I can listen for hours without any fatigue. But another important factor I considered was that they needed to play any kind of music and still have no fatigue, which now they do - MP3, FLAC, Pandora, even youtube sounds good. I have updated the pictures and some graphs to the new design and removed the previous version, because I don't think it merits retention. I will continue to update the graphs as I get them converted to pics.
    Thanks for everyone's input at MWAF, it was a great learning experience and showed me just how much more I have to learn about this hobby.
    Paul

The "SB's" build page
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-4-(pic-heavy)

Comment

Working...
    X