Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Infinity 1260W Vented Coffee Table Subwoofer

Originally posted by codewarrior View Post
    This is a great idea for a home theater. Good job!

Does the coffee and other drinks rumble on the table when is at high volume?? :D
    Literally when the Deathstar exploded in Star Wars, everything on the tabletop 'jumped'. lol.
    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
    Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by WoodCock View Post
      How are you planning to finish the sides?
      I built a coffee table sub a few years ago and love it.
      I am still debating that, something dark and easy to ignore visually would be nice, but I am also contemplating paneling.
      Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
      Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
        I am still debating that, something dark and easy to ignore visually would be nice, but I am also contemplating paneling.
        You might consider hardwood flooring.
        Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
          You might consider hardwood flooring.
          Get a yard or two of "vinyl" leather from a fabric store, and a can of 3M spray adhesive and wrap it. You should be done in 15 minutes . Here's a before / after of a compact guitar cab I wrapped a few months ago, trimmed with poplar.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0700.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1163787
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0699.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1163788

Comment

I'm not sure how heavy that your table is but adding more wood might make is super heavy. There is always the fabric idea or I used a veneer on mine. Though the damn thing still weighted 150+ lbs when I was finished.
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...90HO-End-Table

Comment

FYI, that's about 1.8cf for Vas.
              Factory specs: Fs 24 (not 32 - but that's not THAT bad), Qts 0.39 (not 0.62 - this is W-A-A-Y off and throws off BOTH F3 AND Vb/Cb), and Vas 2.9cf (not 1.8 - but that's not off a LOT either).
              As Qts rises, the box model might not change all that much IF Fs also rises (which it does, here) and Vas drops (which is also the case here). A Qts around 0.48 would be "reasonable" (but not really 0.62).

Comment

Working...
              X