No announcement yet.

The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful job. I like the suede finish.

I incorporated my Quarks into my Boombox.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ceiol View Post
      Beautiful job. I like the suede finish. I incorporated my Quarks into my Boombox.
      That's really cool! Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Truly a great tiny speaker! Design goal met Jeff! I built mine in a .078cf cab in attempt to squeeze a little more low end out. Thanks for a great design Jeff

Comment

• First post on TT and another satisfied builder. I have a few weeks on my Quarks and am very impressed. I used the FE85, the clarity, detail, and balance are amazing. I will be adding a small sub to fill in the bottom end once some parts come in. This is the 3rd set of speakers I've built, by far the cheapest, and really stands out as exceeding my expectations! There is something about these that really click with me.

I measured bass response on the desk with a old radioshack meter have an F3 in the low to mid 90's, falling fast from there. I also have a 4 dB hump from 105-115hz, I am guessing a room/boundary interaction rather than the FE85. Of note, despite the rated xmax of 1.5mm I had the FE85 pushing 5-6mm of travel with no ugly noises or notable distortion. Very tempted to bring my UMIK-1 and take a full sweep.

Comment

• Finished the Quark speaker yesterday. It's for my wife to use on her desk at work. She needed something small with good sound quality and Bluetooth. The sound is great for being so small and just right not being boomy to bother anyone nearby. If you see this, thanks for the design and I hope you are doing well Jeff B. I still need to clean up the wiring on the back side, but here are some pics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff F. View Post
              Finished the Quark speaker yesterday. It's for my wife to use on her desk at work. She needed something small with good sound quality and Bluetooth. The sound is great for being so small and just right not being boomy to bother anyone nearby. If you see this, thanks for the design and I hope you are doing well Jeff B. I still need to clean up the wiring on the back side, but here are some pics.
              That is a nice little boom box build. I’m looking to do something similar for my wife for the kitchen. Do you have plans for the box and crossovers you can post? What amp is that on the top? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by corwin6654 View Post
                That is a nice little boom box build. I’m looking to do something similar for my wife for the kitchen. Do you have plans for the box and crossovers you can post? What amp is that on the top? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Thanks! As for plans, it's just two Quark speakers on their sides and built into one enclosure. The crossover is the same as the original as well. The amp is a Nobsound and can be found on the Zon or the Bay and has built in Bluetooth. It sounds and works well.

Comment

• Hello everyone, this is my first speaker build that uses x-over components. Does this layout look correct for the quarks?

Comment

• I forgot to notate that the positive terminal of the tweeter would get a wire connecting to the same solder joint as the inductors negative side. The forum wouldn't allow me to edit my post for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by warllo View Post
                      Hello everyone, this is my first speaker build that uses x-over components. Does this layout look correct for the quarks?
                      Looks correct, you have the inductor for the mid as well?

Comment

• I do, I figured that one was pretty hard to screw up :-) Thanks for the response!

Comment

Working...
                        X