Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts!

Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project.
We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well!

Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans.

We hope to see you this summer!

Vivian and Jill
2 of 2 < >

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you make the crossover small enough to fit through the woofer hole, you won't need any access besides that. There's not much going on inside these.

Comment

• Originally posted by djg View Post
      If you make the crossover small enough to fit through the woofer hole, you won't need any access besides that. There's not much going on inside these.
      Well, one of the inductors is pretty heavy and needs securing (screws, since any glue would not hold on the paper-like MDF), plus I like glueing everything down to avoid rattling crossover components or wires over time. Would be pretty messy to try and do it from the small midwoofer hole, so I prefer to have easier access.

More than anything I'm trying to understand what would the problem be if I were to use the speakers upside down, since that would make my plan (open back) possible

Comment

• I glued all my components to the walls. The coil I screwed to a piece of underlayment then glued that. My Quarks (Pg 11) are sealed, never to be opened again. I have had speakers 15 years old that I disassembled to sell the components. Nothing had moved at all.

You can put the crossover on a piece of thin ply small enough to go through the woofer hole and epoxy that down.

I don't care if you use them upside down, I'm just telling you that you don't need to.

It's DIY, have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X