Announcement

Collapse

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest

2nd Annual Stock-toberfest starts October 17th! Time to stock-up on great products at great prices! Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksneote
    replied
    Re: The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Originally posted by djg View Post
    diysoundgroup bought a bunch of FE 83s to go with some kits they will be bringing out.
    Wonderful! Any info on what design they will be doing? The Quarks, or something else?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

diysoundgroup bought a bunch of FE 83s to go with some kits they will be bringing out.

Leave a comment:

• ksneote
    replied

Ah I was a fool and missed the sale on the Fountek FE-83 driver. Was there talk of a flat pack for these? Or does anyone else have some extra drivers they were willing to sell? (Doubt it as these are apparently awesome little speakers!)

I do understand that the FE-85 can be used as a replacement, but the extra xmax and deeper bass of the FE-83 would be preferable for me.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

What an inspiring picture. Like a giant monolith in a crop circle. I have something cooked up for my Quarks that I hope people will enjoy seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

A pic of my Quarks at the InDIYana gathering in Fort Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Thanks Ken, the inductor and resistor had come loose in on of the Quarks. I used typical hot glue...obviously it was not strong enough to hold. So I re-glued with silicon.

We'll see if that corrects the vibration.

Thanks,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• ejh2854
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Who bought so many that quickly?
    I might have bought a couple pairs' worth

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Erich H View Post
    I made up some flat packs for future kits and when I saw the number getting low I hurried up and bought enough for the flat packs.
    Oh. ... Well, that will be Ok then . :applause:

Leave a comment:

• Erich H
    replied

I made up some flat packs for future kits and when I saw the number getting low I hurried up and bought enough for the flat packs.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by kenrhodes View Post
    I can confirm that they are now out of woofers. I got the last two shipped to my house today. kind of sad considering how good of a deal it was but I doubt many people will really need all the x-max that this model offered over its twin.
    I really hope to see many other builds as I really enjoy mine.
    That is amazing. Who bought so many that quickly? Sorry guys. Now we need someone to drop in an FE85 and see if it truly is a "drop-in"

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied

Woodsart,I don't have any vibration I would check for a component vibrating or a loose woofer.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied

Just checked. There are still 4 available.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied

I can confirm that they are now out of woofers. I got the last two shipped to my house today. kind of sad considering how good of a deal it was but I doubt many people will really need all the x-max that this model offered over its twin.
    Kind of hard to believe, taking into consideration that they started out with more than 6,500, not too long ago. I am glad I bought mine a while ago: enough to do an array and some extra's for Quarks and such.:D

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Hi Ken, I am enjoying mine as well.

There is some vibration on the sides of mine. Is this normal?

Those little woofers really move.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X