Announcement

Collapse

Midwest Audio Fest

It’s that time audio enthusiasts! Registration for the 2019 Speaker Design Competition is now open! Visit midwestaudiofest.com for details and to list your speaker project. We are excited to see all returning participants, and look forward to meeting some new designers this year, as well! Be sure your plans include a visit to the Parts Express Tent Sale for the lowest prices of the year, and the Audio Swap Meet where you can buy and trade with other audio fans. We hope to see you this summer! Vivian and Jill
See more
See less

The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksneote
    replied
    Re: The Quarks - M.O.S.D. Computer Speaker

Originally posted by djg View Post
    diysoundgroup bought a bunch of FE 83s to go with some kits they will be bringing out.
    Wonderful! Any info on what design they will be doing? The Quarks, or something else?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

diysoundgroup bought a bunch of FE 83s to go with some kits they will be bringing out.

Leave a comment:

• ksneote
    replied

Ah I was a fool and missed the sale on the Fountek FE-83 driver. Was there talk of a flat pack for these? Or does anyone else have some extra drivers they were willing to sell? (Doubt it as these are apparently awesome little speakers!)

I do understand that the FE-85 can be used as a replacement, but the extra xmax and deeper bass of the FE-83 would be preferable for me.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied

What an inspiring picture. Like a giant monolith in a crop circle. I have something cooked up for my Quarks that I hope people will enjoy seeing.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

A pic of my Quarks at the InDIYana gathering in Fort Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Thanks Ken, the inductor and resistor had come loose in on of the Quarks. I used typical hot glue...obviously it was not strong enough to hold. So I re-glued with silicon.

We'll see if that corrects the vibration.

Thanks,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• ejh2854
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Who bought so many that quickly?
    I might have bought a couple pairs' worth

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Erich H View Post
    I made up some flat packs for future kits and when I saw the number getting low I hurried up and bought enough for the flat packs.
    Oh. ... Well, that will be Ok then . :applause:

Leave a comment:

• Erich H
    replied

I made up some flat packs for future kits and when I saw the number getting low I hurried up and bought enough for the flat packs.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by kenrhodes View Post
    I can confirm that they are now out of woofers. I got the last two shipped to my house today. kind of sad considering how good of a deal it was but I doubt many people will really need all the x-max that this model offered over its twin.
    I really hope to see many other builds as I really enjoy mine.
    That is amazing. Who bought so many that quickly? Sorry guys. Now we need someone to drop in an FE85 and see if it truly is a "drop-in"

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied

Woodsart,I don't have any vibration I would check for a component vibrating or a loose woofer.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied

Just checked. There are still 4 available.

Leave a comment:

• thekorvers
    replied

I can confirm that they are now out of woofers. I got the last two shipped to my house today. kind of sad considering how good of a deal it was but I doubt many people will really need all the x-max that this model offered over its twin.
    Kind of hard to believe, taking into consideration that they started out with more than 6,500, not too long ago. I am glad I bought mine a while ago: enough to do an array and some extra's for Quarks and such.:D

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Hi Ken, I am enjoying mine as well.

There is some vibration on the sides of mine. Is this normal?

Those little woofers really move.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• kenrhodes
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X