Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthology A new high performance budget friendly speaker design!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthology A new high performance budget friendly speaker design!

DSC_6744-2_cr by Jim Holtzavailable.

The cut list is available in post #62.

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 11-03-2015, 11:15 PM. Reason: Crossover and cabinet plans added. Cut list added.

Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
      Didn't see a kit named "Anthology"
      Mark should have it posted soon. Give him a call and he can quote prices and options.

Jim

Comment

Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
        Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - FRD Consortium Archive - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
          So Jim these are heading to DDIY? Looking forward to hearing them if that is the case. I've actually been eyeing that 22TFF for a while, strikes me as a great deal.
          Hi Jason,

Yes, the Anthology's will be there. It'll be their 1st DIY event of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and listening to their speakers. It should be a lot of fun!

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
            Hi Jason,

Yes, the Anthology's will be there. It'll be their 1st DIY event of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and listening to their speakers. It should be a lot of fun!

Jim
            Will you drag Curts **** with you?
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Will you drag Curts **** with you?
              Hi Lowell,

I'd like to but for some reason he thinks he should spend his anniversary with his wife. He'll be at Iowa this fall, I'd bet.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jim

Comment

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Merlot
                Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's,
                Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Dayton RSS265HF-4's,
                MiniDSP 2x8, class D amplification

Sennheiser HD650's

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
                  Someone has to ask............

How do they sound compared to the Statements?
                  Hi Ray,

Ha! I knew that question was coming. Home theater, there's no difference. For well recorded music, it becomes more subjective. I like the mids better on the Anthology's, Finalists and Statements II than I do the original Statements. The Statements II have the most natural sound on vocals on very well recorded music with the Anthology's and Finalists running a very close 2nd, but you'll only hear the difference on some very well recorded music. You've got to be a hard core audiophile to hear it and have very good source components. If you don't, you'll probably never notice the difference.

The Statements II are my reference with the Anthology's in my 2nd system. Bass is the same, mids are very slightly better, and I do mean slightly, in the Statements II and I love a ribbon on the top end. The Seas 22TFF is very nice in my opinion and it has exceptional off axis performance. The Anthology's have one of the best polar response graphs that I've seen. They don't disappoint, IMHO.

So, take your pick. I could and am living happily with both or either one. I hope there will be some feedback after Dakota DIY this weekend. The builder is always biased so take what I say with a grain of salt.... :D

Curt has been the "wizard" behind all of these designs. I have yet to hear a speaker that Curt touched that I wouldn't recommend. He has the touch. :applause:

Jim
                  Last edited by Jim Holtz; 06-02-2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cacophonix
                        Since this is geared towards HT as well, is there a center speaker in the works?
                        The Finalist center is a perfect match and will be renamed Finalist/Anthology center. Curt got the voicing spot on and they blend seamlessly.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cacophonix
                          Cool. I had looked at that, but since the tweeter and the mids were different, i was thinking that a new center (less expensive) might be in the works.
                          Since the center channel carries upto 70% of the sound and the dialogue in a movie, its the dominate channel. The mains and surrounds are effects channels so the most important aspect is for them to be voiced the same as the center for seamless blending during pans etc. I spent a considerable amount of time testing the Anthology's in my HT system and can verify the match.

HTH

Jim
                          Last edited by Jim Holtz; 06-03-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scardeal View Post
                              So, would this all work together?

L/R Mains - Anthologies
                              CC - Finalist/Anthology CC
                              Surrounds - Finalists

(I have no plans to do this, but just curious.)
                              Yes, that would be a killer Home Theater speaker system, IMHO. :applause:

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X