Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthology A new high performance budget friendly speaker design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven72555
    replied
    Originally posted by JSheringo View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]61272[/ATTACH]

Received my Anthology kit from Meniscus.... Extremely nice! Will begin the project soon.

Joe

Nice!
    Keep us updated on the build.

Leave a comment:

• Steven72555
    replied
    Steven,

Have you tried clamping a straight edge that is squared up to guide a circular saw?

Joe
    No I haven't. I don't have access to one.

Leave a comment:

• JSheringo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	1169967

Received my Anthology kit from Meniscus.... Extremely nice! Will begin the project soon.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JSheringo
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
    That would be Good.

I am attempting to build the cabinets. Having a tough time as I can't get good square cuts off my table saw.
    Steven,

Have you tried clamping a straight edge that is squared up to guide a circular saw?

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Steven72555
    replied
    Mark has put together a complete kit for me and it should arrive tomorrow. If I can figure out how to post pictures here, I will document my project.

Joe
    That would be Good.

I am attempting to build the cabinets. Having a tough time as I can't get good square cuts off my table saw.

Leave a comment:

• JSheringo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Thanks Jim,

I listen to music from the second level of my theater room which is elevated 8" above the floor, so anything that makes the tweeters higher is good. Will leave plenty of room for the ports. I am able to move the speakers about a foot from the wall for critical listening....I know that is probably not ideal. I have not been able to find any graphs for response or impedance. I imagine the efficiency is probably middle of the road.

Joe
    I agree, higher is better. The ribbon should be at ear level for the best sound.

Efficiency is in the 88-89 range and impedance by industry standards would probably be considered about 6-8 ohm. In reality it varies from 10 - 4 ohms. Any good receiver or amp can handle them without a problem. I'd suggest 100 real watts minimum. More is better and 4 ohm capability is recommended.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• JSheringo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Melby Audio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by Melby Audio View Post
    My cabinet kit includes cut tubes also.
    You're doing flat packs for Anthology's?

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Melby Audio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    I am very interested in the Anthologies. I listen to a lot of music, especially high quality vocals, on vinyl and FLAC files. I was thinking of the Statement IIs or the ZRT 2.5s. I am concerned that the crossover design for the ZRTs may not have kept up with driver changes. When I talked to Mark, he recommended the Anthologies.

I really like the design, especially the smaller size. The small number of crossover components surprised me for a 3 way design. I assume this is because the drivers are so well behaved.

I noticed a couple errors on the cabinet drawing. It appears the top is double up 3/4", but I don't think it should be. The same with the top window brace. I don't believe the window braces are rabbited into the front panel.

If I build these, I think I will do a down firing port. I thought 6" PVC would be easy to find, but it is not. Will probably need to order.

All advice is greatly appreciated!!
    You are correct. The top is a single panel of 3/4" MDF. There is a front and rear 3/4" support panel to hold the PVC tubes in place and they **** against the top panel with the top window pane brace flushed against them on the bottom. The window braces are not rabbited into the front/back panels.

6" PVC is available at every major home store here in the Des Moines area. Home Depot, Menards and Lowes all carry it. Mark should be able to provide cut tubes for you if you ask.

HTH

Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 09-25-2015, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JSheringo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
    Another option is, they'll be at the Chicago DIY this weekend. Drive over and listen for yourself.

Jim
    Heard them in SD and will be VERY happy to hear them again!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X