Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthology A new high performance budget friendly speaker design!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imstillatwork
    replied
    Originally posted by scardeal View Post
    So, would this all work together?

L/R Mains - Anthologies
    CC - Finalist/Anthology CC
    Surrounds - Finalists

(I have no plans to do this, but just curious.)
    Oh My. I do want!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
    Hmm, I am still awaiting pricing and other info on these fine looking speakers.
    Thanks Steven! Give Meniscus a call for kit pricing and construction plans.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Steven72555
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Originally posted by cacophonix
    Using a fine fine speaker like Finalist as surround sounds like a huge huge overkill.
    I used to think so too, but the sheer amount of energy contained in surround tracks justifies the use of good speakers all the way around.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Using a fine fine speaker like Finalist as surround sounds like a huge huge overkill.
    I can't argue that it's more than needed. However, I use Statements II mains with a Statements II center and Statements Monitors for surrounds in my Home Theater system and find it works really well. I'm probably not a good person to comment. :rolleyes:

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by scardeal View Post
    So, would this all work together?

L/R Mains - Anthologies
    CC - Finalist/Anthology CC
    Surrounds - Finalists

(I have no plans to do this, but just curious.)
    Yes, that would be a killer Home Theater speaker system, IMHO. :applause:

Jim

Leave a comment:

• scardeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Cool. I had looked at that, but since the tweeter and the mids were different, i was thinking that a new center (less expensive) might be in the works.
    Since the center channel carries upto 70% of the sound and the dialogue in a movie, its the dominate channel. The mains and surrounds are effects channels so the most important aspect is for them to be voiced the same as the center for seamless blending during pans etc. I spent a considerable amount of time testing the Anthology's in my HT system and can verify the match.

HTH

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 06-03-2015, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Since this is geared towards HT as well, is there a center speaker in the works?
    The Finalist center is a perfect match and will be renamed Finalist/Anthology center. Curt got the voicing spot on and they blend seamlessly.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• sorue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Tremblay View Post
    Someone has to ask............

How do they sound compared to the Statements?
    Hi Ray,

Ha! I knew that question was coming. Home theater, there's no difference. For well recorded music, it becomes more subjective. I like the mids better on the Anthology's, Finalists and Statements II than I do the original Statements. The Statements II have the most natural sound on vocals on very well recorded music with the Anthology's and Finalists running a very close 2nd, but you'll only hear the difference on some very well recorded music. You've got to be a hard core audiophile to hear it and have very good source components. If you don't, you'll probably never notice the difference.

The Statements II are my reference with the Anthology's in my 2nd system. Bass is the same, mids are very slightly better, and I do mean slightly, in the Statements II and I love a ribbon on the top end. The Seas 22TFF is very nice in my opinion and it has exceptional off axis performance. The Anthology's have one of the best polar response graphs that I've seen. They don't disappoint, IMHO.

So, take your pick. I could and am living happily with both or either one. I hope there will be some feedback after Dakota DIY this weekend. The builder is always biased so take what I say with a grain of salt.... :D

Curt has been the "wizard" behind all of these designs. I have yet to hear a speaker that Curt touched that I wouldn't recommend. He has the touch. :applause:

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Holtz; 06-02-2015, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray Tremblay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Will you drag Curts **** with you?
    Hi Lowell,

I'd like to but for some reason he thinks he should spend his anniversary with his wife. He'll be at Iowa this fall, I'd bet.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
    Hi Jason,

Yes, the Anthology's will be there. It'll be their 1st DIY event of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and listening to their speakers. It should be a lot of fun!

Jim
    Will you drag Curts **** with you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X