Jeff B. Testarossa Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff B. Testarossa Build

So I finally started on my Testarossa build. I just didn't have the time or the vehicles to work with full sheets of plywood, so a speaker builder I know gave me a decent deal on void free baltic birch ply and a price break on CNC machining it as well. Everything came out pretty well and I've started on assembly. I made a slight change to the dimensions and made it a half inch deeper to fit a little more bracing in there around the PR or possibly to connect the window braces. I also thought I'd try my hand at biscuit joining this go round.

The only issue I've run into so far is that the driver cutouts didn't match up perfectly. Not a big deal, just one more step. Odds are finishing won't happen for some time as I'm quickly running out of summer and the school year is set to begin before I know it.

Re: Jeff B. Testarossa Build

I'm looking forward to tracking your process with these. Good luck and have fun.
    My Build Thread's
    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
      I'm looking forward to tracking your process with these. Good luck and have fun.
      Thanks, I've followed along some of your builds and might steal that chamfer you put on all of the edges in a few of them. I like how that turned out on yours. Although I'm a way aways from that point, and really I'm just trying to not screw up Jeff's design :D

Comment

Thanks, I need to try using biscuits instead of nails. I usually have to wait for the glue to dry or make 2 baffles (3/4 plus 1/2) and I mount the 3/4 first then the 1/2 with just glue and use the inner speaker holes to use trim nails lol. It's a royal pita and biscuits seem to help line up and hold strong. Plus you can just miter it and not have to worry about hitting nails.
        My Build Thread's
        Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Little progress

Comment

Finally got some time to semi-finish these up. At least as far as getting them to the point where they'll make some noise.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...-satori.94755/

Comment

Those are looking great. How do they sound?

Comment

Originally posted by CUclimber View Post
                Those are looking great. How do they sound?
                Pretty good so far. I just did a quick setup and was running directly from the headphone port to the amp in this picture trying to get them broken in a little bit and to make sure everything was working as it should. Tests went well, now I'll work on getting them set up where they will be and also getting the wire runs done.

Comment

Those look great. Yet another design I'd love to hear someday.

Comment

HOLY AMP, Batman!! What is that thing?

Comment

Originally posted by philthien View Post
                      Those look great. Yet another design I'd love to hear someday.
                      Thanks. Hopefully they'll look even better with a finish someday, but I'm enjoying them too much right now to worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by blue934 View Post
                        HOLY AMP, Batman!! What is that thing?
                        That's a Threshold s/300se. Goes well with the Cinepro 3k6SE and Adcom 7807 in terms of big class A/B amps.

Comment

Got the speakers set up. Wasn't sure how it would work with two pairs of speakers, one with side firing PR's and the other with side firing woofers in an AB AB configuration so went with what's below. Sounds fine to me. I just need to rerun Audyssey for the outside (HT) speakers. Also below is 1/2 component racks. The Threshold is now driving the Testarossas and the antimode is in that signal chain providing level matching and bass management.

Comment

Nice setup. Your TT and Threshold amp are sexy.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                            return to the source
                            leviathan system thread
                            deadhorse thread
                            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                              Nice setup. Your TT and Threshold amp are sexy.
                              Thanks. I do love that Threshold. Especially with the SE upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X