Announcement

Collapse

Columbus Day Sale

Shop Our 24-Hour Columbus Day Sale on 10/14/19 at Parts Express! Click the Parts Express Logo at the top left of this page.
See more
See less

I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

    Originally posted by randyohoh View Post
    Never have I read so much and understood so little. Quantum Purifiers? HAHA!
    You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

      When you say that, you are really saying: "Using simulations and math is the wrong way to build speakers in 2016, how the speaker looks is more important than how it performs" You then tell Chris that his views are "old."

      I bet you 90%+ of this forum will agree with Chris. Are you sure that was what you meant to say?

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

        Originally posted by joshuass1467 View Post
        When you say that, you are really saying: "Using simulations and math is the wrong way to build speakers in 2016, how the speaker looks is more important than how it performs" You then tell Chris that his views are "old."

        I bet you 90%+ of this forum will agree with Chris. Are you sure that was what you meant to say?

        Hi there,

        NO it was not! What I’m trying to convey is that before the electronics & measurements come into play once should first concentrate on the construction of an enclosures (not necessarily the visual yet no dough in my mind that it has to be a part of it) because here are mayor items to be considered which will change greatly the outcome of the sounds reproduction in Hi-Fi & Automotive.
        Also I believe after many years of doing this that you have to shape an enclosure towards the speaker chassis intended to be used which then in return will make the electronic part of this all much easier to ‘Fine Tune’ to your personal needs and listening ideas.

        I never stated that electronic and measuring the result would be wrong NO not at all, and if you like to view my account details you will find that I have three (3) trades – electronics, automotive & computer science including software developing so I do have some knowledge of that to make me so strongly believe that it is right and working so much better then just AS IS!!! Rgs UpperCut

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

          Hi there again,

          Just picked up the 'Artistically Enhanced' painted panels from the Artist. New Zealand Maori Art & Colours as a lay in for the side panels intended for no.2 enclosure! Grey as in example 1.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	Picturea 164aa.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	1171723
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 160aa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	1171724
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 163aa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.5 KB
ID:	1171725
          Attached Files
          Last edited by UpperCut; 02-25-2016, 09:26 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

            I typically try to avoid threads that are a total Charlie Foxtrot. I also seem to be a thread killer, so here it goes.

            UpperCut can obviously do some skilled cabinet work. Communication is obviously a weak point.

            At this time if UpperCut wanted to save face he should show what he has done on the electrical side to take some OK (at best) speakers and make them function as well as his cabinets look. Having a lot of experience with car audio drivers I have a hard time believing that these sound good compared to standard offerings like the O.S., classixII, or even the ultra budget Cabrini.
            All of the best sounding/proven designs have followed a general speaker building recipe that seems to have been thrown out the window by UpperCut, with no real explanation of what his processes are. Despite the lack of solid information his build quality does make me think that he has at least thought trough part of his build.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

              Originally posted by kenrhodes View Post
              I typically try to avoid threads that are a total Charlie Foxtrot. I also seem to be a thread killer, so here it goes.

              UpperCut can obviously do some skilled cabinet work. Communication is obviously a weak point.

              At this time if UpperCut wanted to save face he should show what he has done on the electrical side to take some OK (at best) speakers and make them function as well as his cabinets look. Having a lot of experience with car audio drivers I have a hard time believing that these sound good compared to standard offerings like the O.S., classixII, or even the ultra budget Cabrini.
              All of the best sounding/proven designs have followed a general speaker building recipe that seems to have been thrown out the window by UpperCut, with no real explanation of what his processes are. Despite the lack of solid information his build quality does make me think that he has at least thought trough part of his build.
              Well, put. I agree 100%.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                This is easily the best thread I have ever read on this forum. This looks like half of the garbage on alibaba. Lanzar...lol; next will be Scosche.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	1171782

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                    As I said.............................
                    Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
                    A little early for April Fools.
                    Kenny

                    http://www.diy-ny.com/
                    DIY NY/NJ 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGwA...ature=youtu.be
                    Man does not live by measurements alone, a little music helps.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                      Originally posted by UpperCut View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]64177[/ATTACH]


                      That is very nice work ! ;)

                      Regards
                      Bob C.
                      NLA

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                        Originally posted by badman View Post
                        To achieve the better result a ring type method can be used in box format. The product inputs which are to be scaled can make for the strange result, which problem they cause depend upon frame and ideal. Layer cutting of speaker environments lead to the bouncy sound, unless structure is applied on the hollow space. Making sound as Artists Intend for product make to fitting frames in box too big on the asymmetrical frame woofer type.
                        Exactly what I was thinking this is.

                        Many eels reside in my hovercraft.

                        Note to Chris: Fire warm, good.
                        Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                          Originally posted by robertcottiers View Post
                          That is very nice work ! ;)

                          Regards
                          Bob C.
                          I agree, definitely looks good. Hope the ISCT stuff does justice to the beautiful cabinet.... If nothing else, high WAF, at home in a living room and realistically how often do you actually have music playing when you have guests over?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                            Originally posted by robertcottiers View Post
                            That is very nice work ! ;)

                            Regards
                            Bob C.

                            Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
                            I agree, definitely looks good. Hope the ISCT stuff does justice to the beautiful cabinet.... If nothing else, high WAF, at home in a living room and realistically how often do you actually have music playing when you have guests over?
                            Thank you very much for your replies!!!

                            If it only would be possible to let you have a listen to them as well - so to be even more amazed as well as seeing & hearing is a real tread ……..
                            After attaching these panels with some special imported compound from Germany which I use to Glue I found that they worked much better from the full panels I had attached before.
                            I was not to concerned not even thinking about a difference to show as I use before Resonance displacement panels which do not normally touch the sides and are of a different material, but these panels which are MDF and snug fit into the leather showed a great Improvement as well. Would never have thought so as I was with these more concentrating on the Artistic side of things.

                            rgs UpperCut

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                              If the concept had not been invented/created before, how could the artist have created the sound they intended, or even know about the sound they intended as it didn't exist?
                              If it cant be fixed with Gaffa, It cant be fixed!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: I.S.C.T. - 'Hearing Music The Way The Artist(s) Intended It To Be Heard'

                                Germans make the best glue, unavailable in USA unfortunately.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X