AJHorn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJHorn

Anyone familiar with this program? It is a box design program that will handle most types of enclosures, including horns and transmission lines, as well as closed box, vented box, bandpass etc It is a German website but there is an English button that translates most of it. I was intrigued because it will do TLs and you can no longer obtain Martin King's software. Not fre but not horribly expensive.

Crickets...

Anyone know of a forum for AJHorn?

Comment

HornResp does all that and it is free.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFred View Post
        Crickets...

Anyone know of a forum for AJHorn?
        DIYAudio has a way to download it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
          HornResp does all that and it is free.
          Correct, although several people told me that they don't recommend it for transmission linnes. I also found it to be rather obtuse for a newbie; now I think I can manage it, but some aspects still seem mysterious to me, such as how do you decide on the expansion and segment lengths when doing a horn.

Comment

Hornresp is superb for transmission lines. However, it does not suggest alignments. Check my website below - I provide a worked example of how to use it to design a TL.
            Brian Steele
            www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Brian, will you permit a few questions on your example?

I just looked through it, but I am not presently where I have access to the program and could likely answer at least one of the my questions.
              What is the Fta parameter, which is set to zero?
              Also the Par parameters, in the first iteration it is set to 0.1 cm? And later for S3-S4 it is even less, .01 cm. Can you explain why those are the correct distances?

Thanks so much.

Steve

Comment

If you place the mouse pointer over the Fta parameter, it should tell you that it's the "parabolic mouth flare tangent angle. You can ignore that parameter

In the first iteration, I've set the driver right at the closed end of the TL (basically the worst place to put it). I've sim'd that by setting L12 to as small as possible. Later on, I added the S3-S4 section and started off with a length of 0.01 cm for the vent, which I subsequently lengthened.
                Brian Steele
                www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                  X