Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS Duet speakers by Paul Kittinger

Hello all,

Does anyone have access to the two write-ups on the RS Duet? I have seen previous references to a design write-up by Paul K and a crossover write-up by Mark K. There were links to an audioheuristics website,but that site appears to be not active.

At any rate, just came across these speakers and would like to read the documents.

Thanks, Steve

Steve,
    I sent you a private message about my write-up for the RS duets.
    Paul

Originally posted by Steve H View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone have access to the two write-ups on the RS Duet? I have seen previous references to a design write-up by Paul K and a crossover write-up by Mark K. There were links to an audioheuristics website,but that site appears to be not active.

At any rate, just came across these speakers and would like to read the documents.

Thanks, Steve

Comment

Hi Paul.

Would be glad if you can send me too the write up for rs duet.
      im interested.

Thx.
      Zol...

Comment

You've got a private message.
        Paul

Originally posted by norhafyzol View Post
        Hi Paul.

Would be glad if you can send me too the write up for rs duet.
        im interested.

Thx.
        Zol...

Comment

Thx paul..

Comment

Love to have a write up !

Comment

Send me a private message with your email address included.
              Paul

Originally posted by Bergarth View Post
              Love to have a write up !

Comment

Paul,

I love the look of your RS Duets. I do have once question though: Since you have now had the speaker for 6+ years, I was curious if the sold wood baffle caused any compromise of the cabinet as a result of "wood movement". I really want to try a solid hardwood baffle on my next bookshelf speaker build and was curious if this later became an issue for you.

Thanks,
                D

Comment

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post
                  Paul,

I was curious if the sold wood baffle caused any compromise of the cabinet as a result of "wood movement". I really want to try a solid hardwood baffle on my next bookshelf speaker build and was curious if this later became an issue for you.
                  Don't mean to hijack the thread... I have a pair of Statement Monitors which I built ~8 yrs ago, with Curly Maple baffles. As of this morning there are is no movement or splitting of the baffles. This after being built in Western Washington State and moving to the Sonora Valley 5 yrs. ago. I also have a pair of full-range speakers, design by Wolf, with solid Walnut baffles. Same results as far as movement and splitting. In both cases, the wood has inter-locking fibers and was well dried before use. Based on my experiences, I would not hesitate to build another pair of speakers with solid baffles. Standard disclaimer, YMMV.
                  If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                  ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. I sold the RS duets (and 4 other pairs of speakers) just a few weeks ago and the hardwood baffles were still pristine. I've built other speakers similarly without any problems.
                    Paul

Originally posted by dkalsi View Post
                    Paul,

I love the look of your RS Duets. I do have once question though: Since you have now had the speaker for 6+ years, I was curious if the sold wood baffle caused any compromise of the cabinet as a result of "wood movement". I really want to try a solid hardwood baffle on my next bookshelf speaker build and was curious if this later became an issue for you.

Thanks,
                    D

Comment

Originally posted by bungelow_ed View Post

Don't mean to hijack the thread... I have a pair of Statement Monitors which I built ~8 yrs ago, with Curly Maple baffles. As of this morning there are is no movement or splitting of the baffles. This after being built in Western Washington State and moving to the Sonora Valley 5 yrs. ago. I also have a pair of full-range speakers, design by Wolf, with solid Walnut baffles. Same results as far as movement and splitting. In both cases, the wood has inter-locking fibers and was well dried before use. Based on my experiences, I would not hesitate to build another pair of speakers with solid baffles. Standard disclaimer, YMMV.
                      Thanks Ed - that settles my questions also. Recently got a bunch of exotic wood I want to use for solid baffles.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                      "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                      SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                      My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by donradick View Post

Thanks Ed - that settles my questions also. Recently got a bunch of exotic wood I want to use for solid baffles.
                        What woods? Can't wait to see the speakers!
                        If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                        ~ Johnny Carson

Comment

Originally posted by bungelow_ed View Post

What woods? Can't wait to see the speakers!
                          Sapele, Bubinga, Walnut. I'm stoked.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
                          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
                          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
                          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Nice!
                            ~ Johnny Carson

Comment

As the new caretakers of the RS Duets, I will agree I love their look, and the baffles are still flawless.

Comment

Working...
                              X