No announcement yet.

Everyone make it home from InDIYana ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone make it home from InDIYana ok?

It was a great event that I'll comment on once I've had a chance to organize my thoughts, but I had a harrowing drive home from Ft Wayne to Novi, MI and was wondering if everyone else got home alright.

The wind was insane. I have never seen a tractor-trailer combo tipped over on the road before. Within an hour of Ft Wayne I saw 2 of them.

Then, with the sun setting behind me, I drove into a blizzard that I could hardly see through and drove right back out of it again. I stopped for some Mickey D's and in the 10 minutes I was there the storm blew past me so I had to drive through it again!

For the last half hour of my drive, the road was covered in black ice and I saw several cars completely turned backwards in the median and ditches.

Anyway, I got home safely and I hope everyone else did too.

Dan
    The Hurricanes
    The Baronettes
    Conneccentric
    UX3

I also went through blizzard like conditions between Kokomo and Indianapolis. Traffic on 69 went down to 30 mph at points to be able to see. Saw 2 semis turn over off the road and one large pickup (double wheel extended cab) that had been pulling a 5th wheel type trailer, where it looked like the back end of the pickup sort of twisted a bit like a cork screw. You could barely hold a car on the road at times. Never experienced weather in April like that in Indiana before.
    Dan N.

Comment

The ride home got a bit intense a few times but we got home fine.
      My Build Thread's
      Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

I left around 4:30 when there was a break in the clouds and I could load up my speakers. From Ft. Wayne I go due east into Ohio, and really had no problem except fighting the wind. I had to stop for gas and it was hard to open my car door!

Comment

I have to say I've never seen such differing conditions in just a few hours. I saw heavy sleet, strong winds, large snowflakes, rain, partly cloudy and sunshine. When the sleet was coming down whilst at the venue, it would have been hard to see and drive. Not even a week ago, they were saying light chance of rain on Friday, and nothing on Saturday with highs in the 50s. I saw the news said the high was only 41.

I'm glad everyone made it home okay, and thank you to those who braved it to be here,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Just got home and finished unpacking. It was windy this morning but nothing like you guys experienced. Thanks Ben for putting on another fun DIY. And special thanks to Dan P for 1) giving me some drivers, and 2) for donating the super cool waveguides that I ended up winning in the door prize drawing. Great to see old friends and meet some new people. Congrats to Chuck on winning the Widebody competition. Good work!
            Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

I left the event at about 3:45 and over the first 100 miles of my 150-mile journey to my home near Columbus, OH there were no weather problems other than some wind. For the next 30 miles I traveled in and out of blowing snow, sometimes quite heavy with poor visibility but I saw no vehicle wrecks and the roads were never slick. I did see a series of 5 telephone poles having been blown over quite a bit, but not actually down. When I was about 5 miles from home I traveled through extensive blowing snow. Got home safely at 6:45.
              Paul

Comment

Lots of wind, but it brought much warmer temps. Cleaning snow off windows in Ft. Wayne vs. 68 degrees in Bettendorf.
                Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

I stayed the night in Fort Wayne, so fortunately didn't have to experience any weather. I stopped through Novi for work this morning and then headed back to Grand Rapids.

Glad everyone made it safely.

Comment

Same here for the trip home Saturday. In and out of crazy wind/snow storms. We left around 6 and was home 10:30. Had blast with you guys. A lot of nice speakers on hand and even won some Airborne drivers off the swag table! Thumbs up to Chuck on the Widebody win and thanks to Ben for the hosting of the event!
                    A mains
                    The Ventures
                    Open Invit8tions
                    RSR
                    Sound Troopers
                    Acorns
                    DGBG's
                    The Monuments

Comment

Spent the night and just got in at 2:30. Kind of bizarre 27 this morning and 73 at my house, wa(r)shing salt of the SUV in a few minutes.
                      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                        Spent the night and just got in at 2:30. Kind of bizarre 27 this morning and 73 at my house, wa(r)shing salt of the SUV in a few minutes.
                        Ok, so what's up with the "r" in wash?? My grandma says warsh (including when it's part of another word as in "Warshington DC"), but I've never heard anyone else say it. Is that a common thing?

Oh yeah - glad everyone made it home ok.

Dan
                        The Hurricanes
                        The Baronettes
                        Conneccentric
                        UX3

Comment

It's very common in these parts, and apparently clear down in Mizzoura.
                          Later,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I have arrived at home safely, left late on Sunday and seems I avoided a big mess! Inch or so of snow on the ground here at home.
                            Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                            Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Wolf started the r thing, giving the miss's grief about her Missouri accent. Luckily we avoided the pronunciation of Hwy 44.
                              John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
                              X