New YouTube Channel for Speaker Design How To's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New YouTube Channel for Speaker Design How To's

Hey guys, I've heard some people in the past request video explainers on how to use some of the software out there so I've decided to start a YouTube channel for exactly that. I don't have all my gear here, so I'm starting with Woofer Box and Circuit Designer, WinISD, and how to model a crossover using published graphs. In the next couple of months when I get back home, I plan to add how to measure with OmniMic, Holm, and other topics that anyone might find interesting. I know a lot of you already know how to do this, but it might be a nice place to start for the beginners. So without further ado, here is my very first YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/dHTD3wTiEtI
    -Kerry

Subscribed!! This is awesome, can't wait for the crossover portion! Thanks Kerry.
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

Hey Kevin. Good to see you back on here. How is your mom doing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Kerry

Comment

She is doing much better Kerry, thanks for asking. I'll shoot you an email tomorrow to catch up, don't want to derail your thread. Talk to you soon.
        My "No-Name" CC Speaker
        Kerry's "Silverbacks"
        Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
        The Archers
        Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
        The Gandalf's

Comment

Well, Kevin beat me to it and used "awesome", so I must go "double awesome!"

IMVHO, some people learn must better from a video than a "printout" or pdf.
          And in my experience with just about anything I've ever tried to do, a constant focus on fundamentals
          is required to master a subject.

subscribed.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
          "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
          SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
          My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Subscibed and THANK YOU

Comment

Subscribed...am interested in modeling XO using published graphs.

Comment

Glad these will be helpful. I have the rest of this video recorded and should have the other 2 (maybe 3) parts up later this week to finish off how to use WBCD. The next one I'm going to work on is WinISD for those that don't have Excel. Then I'll start the series designing crossovers using factory graphs.
                -Kerry

Comment

YES!!!!!!
                  Thank you Kerry, it's a fantastic idea.

Almost two years ago I posted a question on the OmniMic forum asking if anyone had made any videos on how to use it....
                  ....95,000+ people have viewed that thread hoping for a "yes" answer. That shows you there is a ton of interest on how to use the tools available. Many of us just need a bit more "show me" to get it.

I've made a few videos on how to work with veneer/create curves, stuff like that because it's what I know how to do and I want to help others 'get it' and reach their goals in the woodworking areas... but I'm not good enough in the crossover/measuring areas to be of any real help. I for one would greatly appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for doing this, it will help a lot of people.
                  TomZ

P.S. XSim is a nice program too... hint, hint.
                  *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                  *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Very cool Kerry!
                    If I may offer one suggestion? Please lower the background music a bit. It was distracting to me at least. Other than that great job!
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
                      YES!!!!!!
                      Thank you Kerry, it's a fantastic idea.

Almost two years ago I posted a question on the OmniMic forum asking if anyone had made any videos on how to use it....
                      ....95,000+ people have viewed that thread hoping for a "yes" answer. That shows you there is a ton of interest on how to use the tools available. Many of us just need a bit more "show me" to get it.

I've made a few videos on how to work with veneer/create curves, stuff like that because it's what I know how to do and I want to help others 'get it' and reach their goals in the woodworking areas... but I'm not good enough in the crossover/measuring areas to be of any real help. I for one would greatly appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for doing this, it will help a lot of people.
                      TomZ

P.S. XSim is a nice program too... hint, hint.
                      I'll probably be doing WinPCD and XSim since PCD doesn't work well on any of the new Excel versions. It's hard to do a demo video when the buttons in PCD stop working multiple times while trying to design something.
                      -Kerry

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Please keep it on the level of "Audio Software For Dummies" (me!).

GeeDeeEmm

Comment

Part 2 is up now. It may be a week or so before I get the other 2 (maybe 3 depending on how long it runs) parts up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwAcZtVQUvg
                          -Kerry

Comment

Subscribed to the channel and thanks!
                            My Build Thread's
                            Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Part 4 is up now. I'm looking for some feedback on what people would like to see next: WinISD (since it doesn't require Excel) or designing a crossover using manufacturers' data?
                              -Kerry

Comment

Working...
                              X