New YouTube Channel for Speaker Design How To's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kerry,

Great work so far! Are you going to demonstrate crossover design at some point using X-Sim? It's windows based and free. I think Bill was working with Jeff to incorporate some of the additional features that the PCD spreadsheet offered as well.

One suggestion; I haven't watched this last video yet so maybe it's in it. If not, you might want to mention "Speaker Building 201". No, it's not free, but it is a very helpful resource for a beginner and would probably help the guys watching your videos understand things a little faster.

Keep up the great work!

Kevin
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Guy View Post

Part 4 is up now. I'm looking for some feedback on what people would like to see next: WinISD (since it doesn't require Excel) or designing a crossover using manufacturers' data?

Your videos are great. These are what a guy like me has been waiting for. I'm more of a "soft science" guy, so having an easy to understand reference that I can watch over and over is perfect. You mention designing crossovers; that would be great at some point.
      THANKS for doing this.
      Mike
      "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
      Bismarck, North Dakota
      My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
      My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

Part 4 is up now. I'm looking for some feedback on what people would like to see next: WinISD (since it doesn't require Excel) or designing a crossover using manufacturers' data?

WinISD (and/or Unibox) is the logical next choice. Excursion, max spl, port air speed.
        I always get the bass dialed in before any crossover modeling. That dictates the box size.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
        "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
        SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
        My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
          Hey Kerry,

Great work so far! Are you going to demonstrate crossover design at some point using X-Sim? It's windows based and free. I think Bill was working with Jeff to incorporate some of the additional features that the PCD spreadsheet offered as well.

One suggestion; I haven't watched this last video yet so maybe it's in it. If not, you might want to mention "Speaker Building 201". No, it's not free, but it is a very helpful resource for a beginner and would probably help the guys watching your videos understand things a little faster.

Keep up the great work!

Kevin
          I haven't mentioned Speaker Building 201 yet, but will mention it when I start talking about crossover design. I plan on doing X-Sim first since it is probably the easiest to understand how to use. WinPCD now has the functionality of pretty much what all of Jeff's spreadsheets did, as well as a few things they didn't. I like PCD better than X-Sim, but I haven't actually tried WinPCD yet. I know it is supposed to be easier for people who used PCD.
          -Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by mikejennens View Post

Your videos are great. These are what a guy like me has been waiting for. I'm more of a "soft science" guy, so having an easy to understand reference that I can watch over and over is perfect. You mention designing crossovers; that would be great at some point.
            THANKS for doing this.
            Mike
            Glad you enjoyed it and find it helpful.
            -Kerry

Comment

I haven't mentioned Speaker Building 201 yet, but will mention it when I start talking about crossover design. I plan on doing X-Sim first since it is probably the easiest to understand how to use. WinPCD now has the functionality of pretty much what all of Jeff's spreadsheets did, as well as a few things they didn't. I like PCD better than X-Sim, but I haven't actually tried WinPCD yet. I know it is supposed to be easier for people who used PCD.

On my Prazise build Wolf was helping me to lean crossover design. Wolf was working with Jeff's PCD and I was working with WinPCD. We arrived at the same place which tells me the two are close to identical.

I don't really think WinPCD is easier than Jeff's PCD but for people like me who can't get a version of Excel for Jeff's program it's nice to know Neil's program can get us all to the same place as Jeff's.

Even though I've done it once,,,, I'd love to see your Youtube video when it's done. Mark

Comment

Working...
              X