MWAF hotel options recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MWAF hotel options recommendations?

I'm surprised nothing showed up in the search, hopefully my lack of familiarity with the new forum isn't to blame. This is the first year MWAF hasn't interfered with my military obligations so I'd like to try and make it. A search of past events shows special room rates for attendees. To make things easy on myself I plan on arriving Fri and leaving Sunday possibly.

Is there anything like that available this year or am I better off finding an internet rate?

Also, are they any events/meeting planned for/by TechTalk acquaintances?
    Thanks,
    Aaron

If you scroll down this page about 1/3 or less you'll see a list of hotels that PE has graciously provided, and the Comfort Inn (very close to the event's location) has a special PE rate (as long as there are still rooms available): http://www.midwestaudiofest.com/spea...ompetition.php
    Paul

Originally posted by aarond View Post
    I'm surprised nothing showed up in the search, hopefully my lack of familiarity with the new forum isn't to blame. This is the first year MWAF hasn't interfered with my military obligations so I'd like to try and make it. A search of past events shows special room rates for attendees. To make things easy on myself I plan on arriving Fri and leaving Sunday possibly.

Is there anything like that available this year or am I better off finding an internet rate?

Also, are they any events/meeting planned for/by TechTalk acquaintances?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
      If you scroll down this page about 1/3 or less you'll see a list of hotels that PE has graciously provided, and the Comfort Inn (very close to the event's location) has a special PE rate (as long as there are still rooms available): http://www.midwestaudiofest.com/spea...ompetition.php
      Thanks! Any word on what the going room rate at the Comfort Inn is?
      Thanks,
      Aaron

Comment

Lots of guys stay at the comfort inn so there will be plenty of companionship off hours. Me and a few others stay at the Hampton because we get points...bit more expensive though...
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

For anyone following, the Comfort Inn rate is $85/night for a 2 bed room. That's cheaper than the internet price with military discount ($107/night) so I doubt it's worth trying to shop around once one factors in how close the Comfort Inn is to the event.
          Thanks,
          Aaron

Comment

I think Matt is looking at the Quality Inn...
            I'll let you know where we book,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

When I made my reservation there getting PE's special price, it was $79.99 (not including taxes).
              Paul

Originally posted by aarond View Post

Thanks! Any word on what the going room rate at the Comfort Inn is?

Comment

When I made my reservation there getting PE's special price, it was $79.99 (not including taxes).
                Paul

Senior discount?
                Wolf
                "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Hey, AARP and AAA often beat any standard senior discount... You can qualify for both senior olympics and AARP at age 50.
                  John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Normally a Senior discount or AAA would be my choice, but this special rate is better (or at least equal). One disappointing requirement, though, is that if you can't make it and must cancel your reservation, you have to do it no later than 1 week in advance of your scheduled arrival or you will be charged one night's rate as a penalty. I've stayed at this Comfort Inn for the previous 2 or 3 years and you could cancel up to 6:00 PM on your scheduled day of arrival without any penalty. When I asked why, they said they've had so many cancellations in previous years (related specifically to MWAF I believe) and lost sales, they decided to change the policy.
                    Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Senior discount?
                    Wolf

Comment

Normally a Senior discount or AAA would be my choice, but this special rate is better (or at least equal). One disappointing requirement, though, is that if you can't make it and must cancel your reservation, you have to do it no later than 1 week in advance of your scheduled arrival or you will be charged one night's rate as a penalty. I've stayed at this Comfort Inn for the previous 2 or 3 years and you could cancel up to 6:00 PM on your scheduled day of arrival without any penalty. When I asked why, they said they've had so many cancellations in previous years (related specifically to MWAF I believe) and lost sales, they decided to change the policy.
                      Paul

That's good info to have, thanks,
                      Wolf

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:

Comment

Thought it would be good to add that when I made my reservations by phone, the woman who took them was someone other than the usual desk attendant or manager and couldn't take care of me entirely. She told me the manager, who was away at the time for a couple of hours, would call me back with my confirmation number, etc. She didn't, so after about 4 hours had passed I called her and, in the process of getting the confirmation number, asked her about the cancellation policy. This process wasn't completely confidence-inspiring. ;>(
                        Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post

That's good info to have, thanks,
                        Wolf

Comment

I made my reservations by phone also and the must have got the same woman Paul. She had to put me on hold and go confirm with the manager about the MWAF discount. They did honor it, thanks PE. The discount helped me offset some of the $800.00 worth of plane tickets I bought earlier, ouch. If my son wants to go again next year, we're making a road trip out of it.
                          My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                          Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                          Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                          The Archers
                          Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                          The Gandalf's

Comment

You could alway stop in Stl. Usually something going on.
                            John H

Comment

There is also a 'Holiday Inn Express' around the corner... it's behind the McDonalds and next to the Wal*Mart. A bit more cost wise but very nice clean rooms. DIY Dayton used to be there several years ago in one of the conference rooms. Being close to a McDonalds for possible midnight snacks could be considered a plus by some. (me!)
                              TomZ
                              Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                              *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

Working...
                              X