• Show
Clear All

• Vifa OT19NC00-04 Click image for larger version

Name:	V.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	1399454
    Guess xmax's age.

My guess: 15. His grammar is passable. His trolling is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ergo View Post
      xmax - if you mean how to export DXF from Fusion 360, then it's a bit of a process but doable
      a) front the left project selection list click on the version number of your project of interest. That will open a "View details on web" option.
      b) Open the project in web and in top right corner is an option to export to DXF... the system will process it in cloud and send you a link few min later.
      F360 (I have not made the plunge yet) is giving the file to Skynet while it's up there.
      Guess xmax's age.

Comment

• My friend bought these direct from http://www.bliesma.de during the Black Friday weekend. They offered -25% back then, so that helped him to go for Be instead of Alu tweeter ;)
        I myself did not have a clear project in mind and buying this costly tweeters just in case seemed too much.

The mic I'm using is GRAS 40AM (one of the perks of the daily job)

Comment

• Added .stp files for the CNC peeps: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...87#post1398387

xmax> IIRC my test baffle is approx. 1.2m x 1.7m, with the driver cutout offset to smooth diffraction in the area of interest. Still you can see it showing up in the smaller waveguides <4khz. Mic at 40". What did you need a .dxf of?
          ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
          DriverVault

Comment

• Originally posted by augerpro View Post
            Added .stp files for the CNC peeps: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...87#post1398387

xmax> IIRC my test baffle is approx. 1.2m x 1.7m, with the driver cutout offset to smooth diffraction in the area of interest. Still you can see it showing up in the smaller waveguides <4khz. Mic at 40". What did you need a .dxf of?
            Great thanks!
            DXF for outer rim of oval and mounting holes. (for baffle)

Guess xmax's age.

Comment

• Played with some Scanspeak tweeters! I measured four designs. One 5" that is basically the same as other 5" ellipticals in this thread. A 5" that has uses a 1:.80 aspect ratio. A 6" that is basically a scaled up version of the 5" ellipticals. And the Visiton WG148.

The 5" results:

The 6":

And the Visiton WG148:

Here are pics of how I mated to the WG148. Used some bluetac to fill in gaps and seal around the interface. I don't how I could improve the situation any further.

~Brandon

Soma Sonus
              DriverVault

Comment

• Sorry for the absence, working a ton the last few months. But the good news is I've started a new website somasonus.net to host all my DIY stuff. It's barren right now, but I have posted the best of the waveguides with downloadable CAD files for 3D printing or CNC. Let me know if anything renders weird on the website, it really changes depending on what device I'm on.
                ~Brandon

Soma Sonus
                DriverVault

Comment

• Very cool. Kudos for what you are doing for the DIY community.
                  Dan N.

Comment

• Originally posted by augerpro View Post
                    Sorry for the absence, working a ton the last few months. But the good news is I've started a new website somasonus.net to host all my DIY stuff. It's barren right now, but I have posted the best of the waveguides with downloadable CAD files for 3D printing or CNC. Let me know if anything renders weird on the website, it really changes depending on what device I'm on.
                    I think I emailed you about this a week or two back. Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X