X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civit
    replied
    Originally posted by augerpro View Post
    Sorry for the absence, working a ton the last few months. But the good news is I've started a new website somasonus.net to host all my DIY stuff. It's barren right now, but I have posted the best of the waveguides with downloadable CAD files for 3D printing or CNC. Let me know if anything renders weird on the website, it really changes depending on what device I'm on.
    I think I emailed you about this a week or two back. Thanks for doing this.

Leave a comment:

• dlneubec
    replied
    Very cool. Kudos for what you are doing for the DIY community.

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    Sorry for the absence, working a ton the last few months. But the good news is I've started a new website somasonus.net to host all my DIY stuff. It's barren right now, but I have posted the best of the waveguides with downloadable CAD files for 3D printing or CNC. Let me know if anything renders weird on the website, it really changes depending on what device I'm on.

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    The design files:

Dropbox - 6x1 A SS.stl
    Dropbox - 6x1 A SS .step
    Dropbox - 5x.75 A SS.stl
    Dropbox - 5x.75 A SS.step
    Dropbox - 5x.75 B SS.step
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzpq1jc3p2...%20SS.stl?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    Played with some Scanspeak tweeters! I measured four designs. One 5" that is basically the same as other 5" ellipticals in this thread. A 5" that has uses a 1:.80 aspect ratio. A 6" that is basically a scaled up version of the 5" ellipticals. And the Visiton WG148.

The 5" results:

The 6":

And the Visiton WG148:

Here are pics of how I mated to the WG148. Used some bluetac to fill in gaps and seal around the interface. I don't how I could improve the situation any further.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by augerpro View Post
    Added .stp files for the CNC peeps: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...87#post1398387

xmax> IIRC my test baffle is approx. 1.2m x 1.7m, with the driver cutout offset to smooth diffraction in the area of interest. Still you can see it showing up in the smaller waveguides <4khz. Mic at 40". What did you need a .dxf of?
    Great thanks!
    DXF for outer rim of oval and mounting holes. (for baffle)

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    Added .stp files for the CNC peeps: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...87#post1398387

xmax> IIRC my test baffle is approx. 1.2m x 1.7m, with the driver cutout offset to smooth diffraction in the area of interest. Still you can see it showing up in the smaller waveguides <4khz. Mic at 40". What did you need a .dxf of?

Leave a comment:

• ergo
    replied
    My friend bought these direct from http://www.bliesma.de during the Black Friday weekend. They offered -25% back then, so that helped him to go for Be instead of Alu tweeter ;)
    I myself did not have a clear project in mind and buying this costly tweeters just in case seemed too much.

The mic I'm using is GRAS 40AM (one of the perks of the daily job)

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Originally posted by ergo View Post
    xmax - if you mean how to export DXF from Fusion 360, then it's a bit of a process but doable
    a) front the left project selection list click on the version number of your project of interest. That will open a "View details on web" option.
    b) Open the project in web and in top right corner is an option to export to DXF... the system will process it in cloud and send you a link few min later.
    F360 (I have not made the plunge yet) is giving the file to Skynet while it's up there.

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Vifa OT19NC00-04 Click image for larger version

Name:	V.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	1399454

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    Very impressive! Although I'm sure you will be using a series notch filter (I would look closely
    at the work Pete S has done with big domes and WG's) And a much lower actual filter in the
    final design. (you could circumvent the surround blip of the Satori MW16P).
    Looking at HiFi compasses work with that tweet and your beautiful WG that tweet
    should have no problem digging deep!

May I ask were you source the Tweets?

And what test mic are you using?

Leave a comment:

• ergo
    replied
    xmax - if you mean how to export DXF from Fusion 360, then it's a bit of a process but doable
    a) front the left project selection list click on the version number of your project of interest. That will open a "View details on web" option.
    b) Open the project in web and in top right corner is an option to export to DXF... the system will process it in cloud and send you a link few min later.

Leave a comment:

• ergo
    replied
    My trials from printing a WG for the large Beryllium dome Bliesma

First pic has a large vertical span to make it closer to augepro Soundeasy plots. Second one shows a simulation where a single 3.9uF cap is added in series.

The driver: BlieSMa T34B-4
    Waveguide: 165mm diameter - profile is a section of a radius of bigger circle. Printed on Prusa i3 MK2.5 - 0.2mm layer with linear advance, material PETG
    Test baffle - 220mm x 700mm baffle as intended for the final project (2.5way with 2x Satori MW16P)

Test conditions:
    Mic to baffle distance for off axis measurements: 600mm

Some more pics here
    http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...l=1#post631059
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    I have a good feeling about this SB21RDC, I'm making test baffles for both now,
    how big was your (augerpro) baffle and how far away way your test mic?
    And do you have a 2D DXF, my donkey brain can't figure how to make
    one yet?!
    I will test with and without sanding. (I'm guessing not much difference)
    Thanks again for your hard work! Click image for larger version

Name:	Big 21.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	1399425

Leave a comment:

• xmax
    replied
    After playing with "supports" etc they are getting pretty good! Click image for larger version

Name:	G WG.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	559.5 KB
ID:	1399391

Leave a comment:

Working...
X