This is what I call BASS! *PIC*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I call BASS! *PIC*

What kind of setup do they have here? WWMTMWW? What about the crossover? Looks horn loaded to me, and you can be sure they're using Cat-6 cable.

Re: This is what I call BASS!

> What kind of setup do they have here?
    > WWMTMWW? What about the crossover? Looks
    > horn loaded to me, and you can be sure
    > they're using Cat-6 cable.

That's called NINE 16-inch 50 caliber Naval Rifles! Don't know what the Bl is, but each takes a 2700 pound shell from zero - 2000+ feet per second in 66 feet!
    Can you tell I was in the Navy??

Robert

Comment

> What kind of setup do they have here?
      > WWMTMWW? What about the crossover? Looks
      > horn loaded to me, and you can be sure
      > they're using Cat-6 cable.

The truly remarkable thing is that when all the guns are fired broadside simultaneously, the ship, which displaced in excess of 50,000 tons, would be moved sideways by a number of feet in a very short amount of time. I used to have meetings in a building a short distance from the gun line at the Navy's river range in Dahlgren, VA, and when the 5" guns would go off, there would be a nice low frequency thud. One time I got there and no one was parked by the building, and when I got in they told me they had to clear out the cars as there was going to be a near-vertical test firing of an 8" gun. When that went off, you could see and feel the shock wave go through the building. I'm not sure that particular building would have remained standing if a 16" were fired, but they don't even have any set up.
      It is estimated that one percent of the general population are psychopaths - New Criminologist: Understanding Psychopaths

Comment

16-inch 50 caliber? Bobbster, do you live in California? The Big 50 is a LOT smaller than those boys...

> That's called NINE 16-inch 50 caliber Naval
        > Rifles! Don't know what the Bl is, but each
        > takes a 2700 pound shell from zero - 2000+
        > feet per second in 66 feet!
        > Can you tell I was in the Navy??

> Robert

Comment

Too BOOMY for me. *NM*

Comment

Seriously, that peak at 10hz just gets to me *NM*

Comment

I wish I knew this much about crossovers, lol!

Caliber in Naval guns refers to the ratio of bore to length. A 16" 50 has a 16" bore and a barrel length of 16" x 50. It's not intuitive, but is traditional.

Robert

Comment

Working...
              X