Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aurum Cantus Aero Striction Tweeter Info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurum Cantus Aero Striction Tweeter Info?

The Aurum Cantus Aero Striction Tweeter caught my eye and I wondered if there are any newer measurements, projects or subjective feedback on the sound quality than the ones I found when I searched.

I'm particularly interested in its ability to cross in the mid 2K region at low distortion and of course any comparisons in sound quality to other known ribbons/tweeters would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

That AST2560 will cross at 2KHz without a problem. Distortion remains well below 1% to just below 2000Hz. I took some measurements on it a while back and was quite impressed. Dave Pellegrene has some data on it as well and fashioned a guide for it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1016322...5850/ACAST2560
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Is this going to be ready by October 15th?

Comment

That AST2560 will cross at 2KHz without a problem. Distortion remains well below 1% to just below 2000Hz. I took some measurements on it a while back and was quite impressed. Dave Pellegrene has some data on it as well and fashioned a guide for it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1016322...5850/ACAST2560
        Hi Pete,

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

Check your PM's

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by marvin View Post
          Is this going to be ready by October 15th?
          Hi Marvin,

Ha! This is what happens to old retired guys. They think of all the things they want but don't need. So, no, if it happens at all, it won't be ready for Iowa DIY this year. It's still in the "what if" stage.

Will I see you there?

Jim

Comment

Here is the SPL of two samples with 6ms gate. It was on a smallish 1.5' x 3' open baffle optimized so response was reasonably smooth above 1.5khz (my intended use), but then a dip @ 1.2khz and the large dipole peak below that. I had them in small bookshelf design some time ago for a very short time, but I liked what I heard, very smooth and well behaved, on the dry side. I've started prototype work using them in a dipole, but probably won't make any progress until I have a garage again.

~Brandon 8O
            Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
            Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
            DriverVault
            Soma Sonus

Comment

Originally posted by augerpro View Post
              Here is the SPL of two samples with 6ms gate. It was on a smallish 1.5' x 3' open baffle optimized so response was reasonably smooth above 1.5khz (my intended use), but then a dip @ 1.2khz and the large dipole peak below that. I had them in small bookshelf design some time ago for a very short time, but I liked what I heard, very smooth and well behaved, on the dry side. I've started prototype work using them in a dipole, but probably won't make any progress until I have a garage again.
              Thanks Brandon! I appreciate the FR graph. Did you shoot any distortion measurements by chance?

Jim

Comment

No I didn't. I've seen some posted though and they are good performers, though probably not exceptional.
                ~Brandon 8O
                Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
                Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
                DriverVault
                Soma Sonus

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post

Hi Marvin,

Ha! This is what happens to old retired guys. They think of all the things they want but don't need. So, no, if it happens at all, it won't be ready for Iowa DIY this year. It's still in the "what if" stage.

Will I see you there?

Jim

I thought that was a rather tight time frame to design and build the prototype. 😉 I plan to be there.

Comment

Working...
                  X