Aurum Cantus AC300/75C2C measured t/s specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurum Cantus AC300/75C2C measured t/s specs

I thought I would post my measurements since arum cantos specs are notoriously inaccurate, and at $250 it is a gamble without real measured specs
    re 7.54
    fs 29hz
    qes .773
    qms 3.07
    le .287
    vas 4.5 ft or 127l

Thanks Nick. Maybe we should use this thread as an Aurum Cantus TS parameter resource. What did you measure for the AC120/50CK?

I don't know what the deal is with their measurement set up. They're so consistently off.

Dan
    The Hurricanes
    The Baronettes
    Conneccentric
    UX3

Comment

That's not a bad idea. Someone said they parameters are off because they measure at a higher voltage - maybe it was Jeff B.

Comment

Here ya go Dan, the ac120/50ck. I also have a 130F in my stash that I will have to get out and measure.

Aurum Cantus AC120/50ck
        re 7.07
        fs 48
        qes .439
        qms 5.29
        le .162
        vas .3 ft
        Last edited by ugly woofer; 08-01-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Appriciate the work!

Comment

AC300 "specs" (for those of those who don't bother to look).
            Vas = 8.2 cf
            Fs = 22
            Qts = 0.35 (measured by ug as 0.62)

Comment

AC-250F1's
              Vas= 3.366
              Fs= 26Hz
              Qe= 1.394
              Qm= 3.468
              Qt= .995
              Re= 7.25 Ohm
              Le=0.676
              Sd= 344.88
              (Would like another pair if any are floating around...)
              A mains
              The Ventures
              Open Invit8tions
              RSR
              Sound Troopers
              Acorns
              DGBG's
              The Monuments

Comment

I noticed this thread a little while ago after purchasing two AC300/75C2C's. I've been breaking them in unboxed for several days by playing a series of tones and sweeps through them for about 8 hours at a time. The TS measurements are becoming closer to spec. New, DATS measured Vas at 4.1, then 5.08, 6.66. Once the TS parameters become stable I'll post the full TS measurements.

Comment

Ok, so after over 48 hours of break in time and about a day of rest time, Vas is now 3.7....down from 6.66. My theory is for larger woofers with higher cone mass DATS is inaccurate at calculating Vas, 1 Watt just isn't enough, so I'm starting to understand why Aurum Cantus test at a higher voltage. The electrical parameters have been fairly consistent, and both woofers have been very close to one another in all measurements. I'm thinking the only way to get a true idea of what's going on is to build a set of boxes in which the volumes can be adjusted and then their response at higher power levels measured with the OmniMic, both ported and sealed. Bass box suggests they are suited to a sealed enclosure but the F3 is about 50hz, cone displacement is flat at 4mm, the vented option CD tops out at just under 20hz at 45 Watts. I like the idea of an F3 at 23Hz though, but it means a box of just over 8 cubic feet! but 45 Watts is way more than I'll probably put into them....

Comment

Aside from a rash of "flakiness" (initializing) when MSoft "upgrades" Win (about every other month?), WT3/DATS is built upon solid science and has proven itself over many (approaching 10?) yrs. now (and w/cones WAAY more massive than that AC300). About the only T/S parm. that a new op CAN mess up is the Vas measurement. How's your method, and what are your other measured parms?

Comment

That doesn't really explain the wildly inaccurate parameters on the smaller drivers, and iirc - Q rises with voltage, especially when the coil starts heating up. I find it unlikely that Qts will meet advertised by raising test voltage.

I know AC has a pretty loyal following, but they are proven to have sh!t QC. Great on paper, but there are way better options these days.
                      Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Working...
                      X