No announcement yet.

Midwest Audiofest 2017 Countdown...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, I've been following your tally of entries. Thank you! It makes it easier for guys like me that count on their fingers & toes.

Actually, I assume there will be a flood of last minute entries but I may be wrong.

Jim

Comment

• Not really, Jim, I bet there are maybe only 5-6 pair at the most that show up day of without any previous knowledge. Usually if we're set for 40, that is the net cutoff, and a few stragglers show up. Usually there are some last minute cancellations too to where it all balances out.

You can register them day of at the above listed times, but- that will cut down on your tent-sale perusal to do so. As John Hollander noted- register on line first- you go first. However, it's definitely possible to have the winning entry and be first up.

I have to play the selected tracks through the Hybrid Vigor before I arrive over there, as I have to know whether or not to bring the rumble-filters. I don't want another 'Royals' incident...

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Hi Wolf,

Actually, I was talking about folks that registered by end of day today which I thought was the cutoff. Is that not correct? I'm pr-registered so I think all I have to do is show up and sign in.

I'm not excited about the tent sale so there'll be one less "shopper" to fight with. About the only thing I have an interest in is a pair of 2 1/2" adjustable ports. Not a big deal one way or another.

Jim

Comment

• Well, sometimes they accept last minute arrivals that did not register online. That is what I was referring to. I thought you couldn't make it Friday and it sounded like you think you have to.
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Either Friday evening or Saturday morning, you need to "check in" so they know you and your speakers will be in the competition and pick up a couple of paperwork items you'll need while attending. I never go to the tent sales as it just promotes impulse buying of things one might never use.
            Paul

Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post
            Hi Wolf,

Actually, I was talking about folks that registered by end of day today which I thought was the cutoff. Is that not correct? I'm pr-registered so I think all I have to do is show up and sign in.

I'm not excited about the tent sale so there'll be one less "shopper" to fight with. About the only thing I have an interest in is a pair of 2 1/2" adjustable ports. Not a big deal one way or another.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post
              Well, sometimes they accept last minute arrivals that did not register online. That is what I was referring to. I thought you couldn't make it Friday and it sounded like you think you have to.
              Wolf
              If everything goes right my wife and I will be in town by late afternoon, early evening. Its a little over 600 miles so counting stops, close to 10 hours. I have a brother that now lives in Cincinnati and another brother driving in from Rochester New York so I need to connect with them Friday evening. I can drop off speakers and take care of paper work etc. Friday evening but I won't be able to stick around for the Unlimited Class. It'll be as quick a stop as I can make it.

Jim

Comment

• Will this year's contest be streamed live?

-Meredith

Comment

• Last year 2016, this is the count of what played

Open= 10
                  Dayton= 12
                  Under 200= 12
                  Over 200= 15
                  John H

SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

• Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                    Last year 2016, this is the count of what played

Open= 10
                    Dayton= 12
                    Under 200= 12
                    Over 200= 15
                    Huh, I guess we're not too far off from last year then.

TomZ
                    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

• MWAF is rolling by a little too soon! Building the electronics of a fully active speaker is far more time consuming than expected. Going to take a week off work in order to be able to put enough time to finish the electronics.

Comment

• Seems to always happen that way, No matter how much planning and what not, it's down to the wire to get things done. I hope to be making sound tonight.
                        A mains
                        The Ventures
                        Open Invit8tions
                        RSR
                        Sound Troopers
                        Acorns
                        DGBG's
                        The Monuments

Comment

• Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                          Last year 2016, this is the count of what played

Open= 10
                          Dayton= 12
                          Under 200= 12
                          Over 200= 15
                          Thanks for last years numbers John. We are at 45 entries as of this morning for 2017. Only 4 less then last year.

Open= 9
                          Dayton= 10
                          Under 200= 15
                          Over 200= 11
                          My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                          Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                          Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                          The Archers
                          Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                          The Gandalf's

Comment

• Well my entries are somewhere between San Jose and Indiana, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little stressed about the trip they're making!

Can't wait to see you all soon! Javad
                            --
                            Javad Shadzi
                            Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

• JavadS

Well that settles it! Gonna have to get a dark curtain to place behind speakers for pictures, it really makes them pop! Damn those look good Javad. Sorry Moderator.
                              My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                              Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                              Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                              The Archers
                              Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                              The Gandalf's

Comment

• On the event page it indicates Under $200 is first up on Saturday, but the schedule page shows Over $200 is up first. Slightly confusing.
                                Eric L.

Comment

Working...
                                X