New board problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New board problem

Ginger (or whomever is in charge of this)
    The blue down arrows next to the listing of the topics on the menu seem to be behaving differently than they did at first.
    For a long time, they would take me to the last post I had read in a topic; now they are simply taking me to the very last post in the topic, and skipping over many that I haven't read. I certainly preferred to go to the last one read. What has happened?

Steve, are you sure you're actually logged in (by your user name showing at the right top of this page)? Every now and then for some reason I found I was logged out, but not by me, and the problem you've described occurred for me. Logging back in and telling "it" to remember you should cure the problem.
    Paul

Originally posted by skatz View Post
    Ginger (or whomever is in charge of this)
    The blue down arrows next to the listing of the topics on the menu seem to be behaving differently than they did at first.
    For a long time, they would take me to the last post I had read in a topic; now they are simply taking me to the very last post in the topic, and skipping over many that I haven't read. I certainly preferred to go to the last one read. What has happened?

Comment

The multi-quote function is pretty buggy too. It works (most of the time) for quoting 2 people from the same page, but if you try more than that (3 people from 2 different pages) it doesn't seem to work.
      "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
      "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

Paul I can't tell you for certain that I'm logged in when this happens. I've had the same problem of logging in and then finding myself logged out some time later. I don't usually ask it to remember me, but I'll try that. I have had the experience of being unable to see some of the posts content when logged out though. For example, when AE posted the RSVP card a few weeks ago, sometimes I could see it and sometimes not, depending on whether I was logged in at the moment or not. I have not tried the multiquote function yet. I remember it came up, don't recall what one is supposed to do to use it.

Comment

Paul I can't tell you for certain that I'm logged in when this happens. I've had the same problem of logging in and then finding myself logged out some time later. I don't usually ask it to remember me, but I'll try that. I have had the experience of being unable to see some of the posts content when logged out though. For example, when AE posted the RSVP card a few weeks ago, sometimes I could see it and sometimes not, depending on whether I was logged in at the moment or not. I have not tried the multiquote function yet. I remember it came up, don't recall what one is supposed to do to use it.
          ​I get all kinds of weirdness too. Sometimes as I'm typing a post or reply, the text word wraps in the wrong direction. Everything ends up written from right to left even though the cursor is situated on the left side of the page. Also, occasionally I cannot get capital (upper case) letters to stick, stay, remain where I want them.

Comment

Some content such as links and pics "disappears" when you selected "Latest Activity" (top left above 1st thread). Switch to "Posts" and everything magically appears.

Comment

If I post a text only new topic or text only reply it takes a while but eventually completes. If I post a pic along with a message it remains perpetually stuck in "Working" mode, that is I get no refresh function from the website indicating that my post was successful. I have to manually refresh the screen myself.

Comment

If I post a text only new topic or text only reply it takes a while but eventually completes. If I post a pic along with a message it remains perpetually stuck in "Working" mode, that is I get no refresh function from the website indicating that my post was successful. I have to manually refresh the screen myself.

I get this quite often recently also.

Comment

I just experienced this exact problem, Steve. Not only did it not automatically scroll to the most recent post I haven't read yet, but I didn't get an email notification to my home address that there was a new posting in it, even though I'm subscribed to it (and I'm definitely logged in). I also did not receive an email notification about a new post to another thread I'm subscribed to.
                  Paul

Comment

Well, its becoming almost as weird as the presidential race. It does seem to help to be logged in, I've had better results since I told it to remember me.
                    I've been having another problem, but one which is inconsistent. Sometimes when trying to post, I get the "working" memo, and it just seems to persist forever. I don't see the post, and I've even double posted once because it never seemed to register, and I started over saying the same thing.
                    Now, when it seems to work abnormally long, I can navigate off the thread and then back, and voila, it seems to be there!

Comment

And sometimes, like when I posted the above response, it goes very quickly and appears normally.

Comment

Working...
                      X