Originally posted by TN Allen View Post
    "... my wife would either divorce me, or murder me... "

Or be swallwoed?
    Hah... well played. Problem solved!
    Voxel Down Firing with Dayton SA70
    Translam Subwoofers - The Jedi Mind Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by KEtheredge87 View Post
      Good Lord Javad! Your builds never cease to amaze. Those Horns and subs together look like they're going to swallow someone with sound! If I tried something half this big I'm fairly certain my wife would either divorce me, or murder me... maybe both! Keep up the good work and I'll keep living vicariously through your experiments!
      Haha thanks Keith! They are pretty incredible to listen to, they can do things with the music I've personally never heard, Michael Jackson Billy Jean, a song I've heard a million times, is a totally new experience for example =) My wife is awesome, she is someone who recognizes my passions and let's me run with them, for that I'm very thankful!
      --
      Javad Shadzi
      Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

One last touch on these, I wanted to do some nice speaker wires that always stay with this set. I started with 6 strands of 18g cooper wire.

We were all out of unicorn dust silver wire at 034Motorsport so this had to do.

I twisted the 3 wires together as positives and negatives then twisted those together. The fun part was passing all that through some 1/2" clear shrink tuning, I should have used 3/4" but I wanted it to be tight.

Some ends have banana plugs and others have spade connections.

These are the main wires that go to the sub XO input

I cleared over the bodies to insulate them

Then the wires out of the XO into each sub and up to the midbass XO

And installed

Horn L pad finalized, this configuration allows quick and easy swapping out of resistors to adjust the L pad w/o any soldering.

Thanks!
        Javad
        --
        Javad Shadzi
        Bay Area, CA

Comment

Radians are awesome!
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

How does Radian compares to the likes of B&C?

Comment

Originally posted by 300Z View Post
              How does Radian compares to the likes of B&C?
              I'd say they are equal in quality and performance, I've been very impressed with this 745PB, it happily plays from 500hz up and at 120+dB, clean and clear. Build quality of both is excellent, and the pair measure almost identically to each other.
              --
              Javad Shadzi
              Bay Area, CA

Comment

I think that you'll need to breathe in phase with the music.

Comment

Originally posted by JavadS View Post
                  I'd say they are equal in quality and performance, I've been very impressed with this 745PB, it happily plays from 500hz up and at 120+dB, clean and clear. Build quality of both is excellent, and the pair measure almost identically to each other.
                  Thank you for the input. I'll consider them next time I do a project.

Comment

Here's a video of them playing some Diana Krall, with detail shots as well
                    --
                    Javad Shadzi
                    Bay Area, CA

Comment

And a couple more pics
                      --
                      Javad Shadzi
                      Bay Area, CA

Comment

LOVED reading through this thread! Maybe in my next house, with a BIGGER listening room!

Comment

Originally posted by skvinson66 View Post
                          LOVED reading through this thread! Maybe in my next house, with a BIGGER listening room!
                          Glad you liked it! =) Javad
                          --
                          Javad Shadzi
                          Bay Area, CA

Comment

I wish I lived closer, I would love to hear these. Huge speakers can be a visceral experience. Well done Javad.

Comment

Working...
                            X