Cutting holes for baffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting holes for baffles

I have decided I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to cut speaker holes for nny baffles.
    Any volunteers to help me out in this area?
    I will pay for efforts.
    Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Make sure everyone knows you live in Ohio.

Comment

Where are you coming from?

Comment

I lack the intestinal fortitude to ruin someone else's baffles
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
          I lack the intestinal fortitude to ruin someone else's baffles
          I almost spit out my lunch. Thanks for that. I was thinking the same thing....

Comment

If you can't find a local, hit me up. I'm in Hampton, VA
            Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
              I have decided I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to cut speaker holes for nny baffles.
              Any volunteers to help me out in this area?
              I will pay for efforts.
              Do you have a router Steven? If so, you can do this, plenty of guys here to help you through it if you have questions. MDF is cheap! Pick up a 2'x4' handy panel at Home Depot and practice on it until you are confident you can pull it off.
              My "No-Name" CC Speaker
              Kerry's "Silverbacks"
              Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
              The Archers
              Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
              The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post

Do you have a router Steven? If so, you can do this, plenty of guys here to help you through it if you have questions. MDF is cheap! Pick up a 2'x4' handy panel at Home Depot and practice on it until you are confident you can pull it off.
                I have a router, a Jasper Jig. I just don't feel like dealing with all that MDF dust. I have built a few pairs of speakers.
                Statement Monitors

Duratex is your friend

Comment

Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post

I have a router, a Jasper Jig. I just don't feel like dealing with all that MDF dust. I have built a few pairs of speakers.

I route MDF outside and use the leaf blower to blow it to an area behind the garage that doesn't grow anything due to lack of sunlight. If my driveway was paved smooth, then I'd sweep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven72555
                    Dust is t horrible if you have a helper with a shop vac suck while you route. You want a mess? Do 1.5" roundovers, literally 4" thick sawdust on my garage floor =) Javad
                    --
                    Javad Shadzi
                    Bay Area, CA

2-Channel Stereo system in the works with Adcom components and 4-way towers

Comment

Javad, you speaketh the truth! Hooked shop-vac to dust chute on my Frued router, and plugged up the 2" hose! Those big radii round-overs look good though...

Comment

Working...
                      X